Cadence quiver tips

corkycat

I am in the market for a new distance feeder rod and was looking at the Cadence CR10. I notice that it comes bundled with two x 1.5 oz tips - one glass and one carbon. Given that they both have the same base diameter of 3.6mm, why would I need two tips of identical diameter? What is the difference between the glass tip and the carbon one? Your words of wisdom and knowledge are eagerly awaited, thanks!

Davethefish

Site Supporter
The glass tip will be a slower action, the carbon tip will be a faster action ( probably better suited to running water )

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Carbon are a bit stiffer and faster than glass which is the main difference. I personally prefer carbon tips as find glass can be a bit over sensitive in the flowing waters I tend to fish.

lucc

glass is better in still water (lake), more sensitive, more fragile also.
Carbon for rivers and/or for distance fishing.

david white

Site Supporter
As previously stated the carbon tips are far better suited to running water and ‘ drop back ‘ bites but I far prefer glass tops for link ledger on the river when fishing directly to the weight rather than having a bow in the line
Cadence do a variety of ‘ spare ‘ both glass and carbon tips at a reasonable price ( £10 ? ) with ‘ free ‘ delivery if order with rod

richox12

Carbon are a bit stiffer and faster than glass which is the main difference.
Here they're exactly the same test curve 1 1/2oz so these don't have any difference in stiffness at all.

But you're right, carbon are 'faster', have a bit more spring in them and react a bit faster when fishing for dropbacks. For anything pulling them forward with same test curve and action there's no difference when comparing like for like.

Line Clip

I am in the market for a new distance feeder rod and was looking at the Cadence CR10. I notice that it comes bundled with two x 1.5 oz tips - one glass and one carbon. Given that they both have the same base diameter of 3.6mm, why would I need two tips of identical diameter? What is the difference between the glass tip and the carbon one? Your words of wisdom and knowledge are eagerly awaited, thanks!
Is the DISTANCE feeder rod Cadence CR10 for use on a large still water therefore carbon tip. Carp / Bream and to combat tow better.