Cadence Feeder Rods

Total

Site Supporter
I recently purchased 2 x CS 4000 reels and am actually disappointed. I had a pair of CS3000 which I brought at a show, and they are lovely for waggler and light feeder fishing, and very smooth and powerful when catching carp. I have been using Daiwa TDX3012 reels for my feeder fishing (30-70m with 30g-60g feeders) for a while, but two are now hard to wind in - always feels like my feeder hasn’t emptied and They obviously need servicing as 4-5 years old and well used.
I thought the CS 4000 would be a good choice to replace the Daiwa reels but I was wrong. The line lay with fine braid is poor and it looks like the spool should go down another 2-3mm as the braid doesn’t fill the top of the spool, and the line clip had cut through brand new 8-strand braid 3 times already. The first time I just flicked the rod top underwater to sink the braid and it cut, second time I was just hooking the braid behind the clip for storage, and in a festival this week, it cut trying to clip up at the start. I will order a pair of Daiwa TDR4012 reels and the CS4000 will probably become waggler reels.
I wouldn’t recommend for feeder fishing with braid.
Are your referring to the CS Korum reels?....£40 reels are never going to be comparable to the Daiwa £130 reels....(y)

scuttster

Site Supporter
Are your referring to the CS Korum reels?....£40 reels are never going to be comparable to the Daiwa £130 reels....(y)
I would guess that @Ben1975 probably is referring to the Cadence CS reels based on the fact they were purchased at a show but doesn't elaborate on which specific model of 4000 it is. As they have the CS10, CS7, CS5 & CS4 all in that size however if is the CS4 I really would say they would never be comparable especially @ £44.99 each but currently being offered as a buy one get one free.

Poacher Pat Felstead

Site Supporter
I've got the cr10 12ft no3 feeder. Lovely rod. Haven't put it through its paces yet. Only had a few sessions with it but I'm happy so far. I use my Mitchell 300 with it.

My son just bought himself a couple of the cr4 reels and to be fair they look and feel great. It's seriously making me consider buying a cr10 reel to go with the feeder

Reuben

Site Supporter
Don’t have the CS4 but have a CS5 & 6 in 3000 size & don’t have a bad word to say for either of them. Excellent reels on my 11ft Matchpro Ultralight & 13ft Acolyte Plus respectively.

Ben1975

I would guess that @Ben1975 probably is referring to the Cadence CS reels based on the fact they were purchased at a show but doesn't elaborate on which specific model of 4000 it is. As they have the CS10, CS7, CS5 & CS4 all in that size however if is the CS4 I really would say they would never be comparable especially @ £44.99 each but currently being offered as a buy one get one free.
I purchased the CS10 as top of the range. They are the cheapest reels I’ve purchased in 20 years and only used Daiwa and Shimano previously. I was impressed with the small ones so took a chance of the Cadence CS4000 but they are not good enough. I’ve fished 2 reservoir festivals in the past 2 weeks (8 feeder matches in 11 days) so my gear gets used. I’ve only had them 2-3 weeks but ordered 3 x TDR4012 today as they seem to be the best. I will get my old TDX3012 fully serviced and probably use the CS4000 as a pellet waggler reel🤷🏼‍♂️ The line lay looks fine with 8lb Daiwa ST, but poor with 0.8 braid.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I purchased the CS10 as top of the range. They are the cheapest reels I’ve purchased in 20 years and only used Daiwa and Shimano previously. I was impressed with the small ones so took a chance of the Cadence CS4000 but they are not good enough. I’ve fished 2 reservoir festivals in the past 2 weeks (8 feeder matches in 11 days) so my gear gets used. I’ve only had them 2-3 weeks but ordered 3 x TDR4012 today as they seem to be the best. I will get my old TDX3012 fully serviced and probably use the CS4000 as a pellet waggler reel🤷🏼‍♂️ The line lay looks fine with 8lb Daiwa ST, but poor with 0.8 braid.
I think reels for out & out feeder fishing are a different animal altogether. I tend to only need to cast a max of 40gm less than 50m nowadays so I can get away with smaller reels. That being said I’d not use my Cadence reels for the feeder, I use Okuma Epix Pro EBR30’s for all my bomb & feeder fishing. Back in the day When I regularly fished the Trent with big maggot feeders I used a reel suited to the work, pretty sure it was a Daiwa but don’t remember the model.