Cadence Feeder Rods

Simbo69

I have no experience of Cadence rods and reels but was thinking of ordering a CR10 10' feeder rod and CR10 4000 reel. I would be grateful of peoples opinions of this tackle.

Many thanks

Bill

Reuben

Site Supporter
Don’t have either model but the reviews are very good. Have 2 Cadence reels in 3000 - CS5 & CS7 & can’t fault them, personally. I play fish on the clutch so the comments regarding the way the handles screw on are irrelevant to me.

SteveAmo

The Cadence kit is very well priced for what you get, if their kit had other certain brand stickers on then they’d be double the price!

I’ve got afew float & feeder rods, whips plus a couple of reels and been very pleased with all of the kit.

👍🦆🎣

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
I have two CR10 4000's and have to say they're excellent. Very smooth and very light. Come with both single and double handles and 3 spools all with spacers to turn them into shallow spools if required, (which is my preference, more manufacturers should do this IMO). Fast 6.2:1 retrieve rate.

Been looking at the current deal but the rod I want, 10' Wand is out of stock. Pound to a penny it will be back in stock after the deal ends!

I do have the Cadence CR 10 11' Match #1 rod and the 6mtr Whip, and the quality of both is well above their price point.

HTH

Dropon

I have a9ft cr10 feeder rod, nice bit of kit. Also bought a CS5 3000 reel at same time, good reel and a good deal. Very pleased with both bits of kit.

david white

Site Supporter
I’ve never had a bad product from Cadence the delivery has always been when stated packaging is first rate and after sales service is second to none
May I suggest you go to the Cadence Facebook page or their website to either view their products or get feedback on their products
If and only if I own and use the item information is requested for then I will give my opinion however I don’t own either of the items you refer to
In general I’d say the quality is ahead of the purchase price all the equipment I have has never let me down nor have I had any issues

tee.bee

Site Supporter
got the cadence CR10 10ft no 2 great rod very slim blank great rod for short chucks even landed rouge pike on it

nutmeg

Site Supporter
The cadence CR10 #2 feeder rod is a very nice piece of kit, l have got two of them and honestly cannot fault them.

rincon60

they look really nice and all the reviews are great but shame you cant pick one up, not sure I have every bought a rod without handling it first, but still tempted

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I would echo all the positive comments about the CR10 # 2 Rod. I have pole fished pretty well exclusively for the last couple of years and decided to buy this rod to get back into rod n reel fishing. From the first outing it was a joy to cast with and use. When it comes to price / quality ratio I don't think any other rod can touch it.

Dropon

Although you may be buying blind the rods can be retuned within a certain time for a full refund. Full details on Cadence webpage and James Robbins is a true gent and always willing to give advise. They also do some roadshows with the chance to have a good look etc, sadly these have not been done lately due to Covid. All being well they will be at Evesham this August bank holiday,

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have the 10ft cr10#2,, loverly rod, and I have 6 cs10 4000 reels, the reels are all used on my waggler rods, definitely not on a feeder rod, there’s better reels for feeder fishing for the same price or a few quid more👍

rincon60

Although you may be buying blind the rods can be retuned within a certain time for a full refund. Full details on Cadence webpage and James Robbins is a true gent and always willing to give advise. They also do some roadshows with the chance to have a good look etc, sadly these have not been done lately due to Covid. All being well they will be at Evesham this August bank holiday,
I saw they were happy to take returns, but shipping that back wont be cheap sadly! Although Ive just realised I'm only an hour away from their offices early August, might give them a call and see if I can view the rods

icaughtafishonce

I have a Cadence 12ft #3 feeder rod and a CS10 5000 feeder reel. TBH, it's probably total overkill for what I use it for. I think that the 4000 would be a good call, as the 5000 is a bit of a beast. But they are nice bits of kit and I'm happy with them personally.

davej1981

Where abouts are you? I might be able to put you in touch with an ambassador. If theres one in your area you may be able to meet up and have a waggle with one

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I'm sure some shops stock them, Smithy's in South Birmingham being one.

Ben1975

I recently purchased 2 x CS 4000 reels and am actually disappointed. I had a pair of CS3000 which I brought at a show, and they are lovely for waggler and light feeder fishing, and very smooth and powerful when catching carp. I have been using Daiwa TDX3012 reels for my feeder fishing (30-70m with 30g-60g feeders) for a while, but two are now hard to wind in - always feels like my feeder hasn’t emptied and They obviously need servicing as 4-5 years old and well used.
I thought the CS 4000 would be a good choice to replace the Daiwa reels but I was wrong. The line lay with fine braid is poor and it looks like the spool should go down another 2-3mm as the braid doesn’t fill the top of the spool, and the line clip had cut through brand new 8-strand braid 3 times already. The first time I just flicked the rod top underwater to sink the braid and it cut, second time I was just hooking the braid behind the clip for storage, and in a festival this week, it cut trying to clip up at the start. I will order a pair of Daiwa TDR4012 reels and the CS4000 will probably become waggler reels.
I wouldn’t recommend for feeder fishing with braid.