Cadence cs10 5000 feeder reel

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I bought two of these reels to use on my shorter feeder lines, 35/55mtrs, I use shimano ultegras 5500xtd’s for longer chucks, first impressions are, they are a quality reel, as you would expect, they’re slightly heavier than I thought they would be, but, as you know, the feeder sits on a rest, most of the time, the line lay is superb, no need to add or remove washers, to get the line right, which is a big bug bear of mine, and the winding or cranking power is excellent. The only down side to them, is, they won’t fit every type of reel seat, they won’t fit my acolyte 12ft plus feeder, or my matrix xc 60gram feeder rod, due to the chunky fittings on the reel, overall, I would recommend these reels, and if they don’t fit your rod seat, cadence are excellent at customer service and returns, I have used facility before👍👍👍.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
I've struggled to see what place this real really occupies in the market, for feeder reels cadence are usually quality, cheap and lightweight.

this one is neither cheap nor lightweight.

Can get a Preston Centris 520 for the same money, a lot lighter too.

If they priced this the same as the 3000 and 4000 verisons i could see the point, but at £120 nah.

adam11

Is it only the CS10 5000 that has this problem or do any of the three and four thousand size reels have feet that don't fit some reel seats too does anybody know?

kahuna

I've struggled to see what place this real really occupies in the market, for feeder reels cadence are usually quality, cheap and lightweight.

this one is neither cheap nor lightweight.

Can get a Preston Centris 520 for the same money, a lot lighter too.

If they priced this the same as the 3000 and 4000 verisons i could see the point, but at £120 nah.
£120 for a Distance feeder reel with the Spec that the cs10 5000 has got is a right bargain mate look how much the daiwa distance reels are for example. Also I don't think they are heavy at all plus at the moment they are buy one get one free so they are even better value

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
£120 for a Distance feeder reel with the Spec that the cs10 5000 has got is a right bargain mate look how much the daiwa distance reels are for example. Also I don't think they are heavy at all plus at the moment they are buy one get one free so they are even better value
I got my two cs10 5000 for £100👍👍👍👍

Simon R

Site Supporter
Mr Atkinson is known for his frugal nature :p :p

Daiwa reels are crazily overpriced - personally I use a Preston Extremity 512 for big chucks - perfect line lay and loads of winding power.

Simon

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Mr Atkinson is known for his frugal nature :p :p

Daiwa reels are crazily overpriced - personally I use a Preston Extremity 512 for big chucks - perfect line lay and loads of winding power.

Simon
I’ll have to agree with you on both counts, but I’d use the 620 extremity, I like large reels