Cadence CP2000

Nipps

Any genuine reviews from anglers that have actually bought the pole and have no attachment to Cadence whatsoever, especially if they have used and can compare with other mid to top end poles. Only interested in actual user reports please whether that be positive or negative as I know the way Cadence market the pole is not to everyone’s taste. Personally I like the idea because I can buy exactly what I need and not end up with a load of power tops, f1 kits etc. that I do not need fishing solely natural venues. I also like the fact that the stocking of spares is very good and readily available. Thank you.

endpeg

Site Supporter
Someone else asked the same a few weeks back, didn't get much response.
I've never seen one on the bank.

Nipps

Someone else asked the same a few weeks back, didn't get much response.
I've never seen one on the bank.
Yeah, that in itself probably tells a lot. However, the fact that it is not from a major player, isn’t readily available to view, isn’t actually a cheap purchase to take a punt on etc. probably, I’m sure, doesn’t help it’s sales. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a dude though. Could be it’s very good pole just that the marketing strategy doesn’t help it.

Nipps

This may help.
Yes thank you. I have actually watched that which is what has whetted my appetite. I like this series as, tbf, unlike most reviews they are actually quite honest and open. Would still be nice to hear from anglers that have actually paid for and use the pole though 👍

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think it is one thing taking a punt on a £100 rod or £70 reel blind but it is absolute madness doing it with a £1200 pole. When you are making that type of purchase you really do need to get your hands on one and ideally have some of its competitors available also so you can make a direct comparison. That is probably the reason why you don't see them on the Bank nor get any replies when asking for user reviews

Nipps

Which is why I would never buy one without first seeing it, preferable in use or up against other poles. However, part of the process of choosing anything is to gain first hand experience and opinion of said item. Even if someone said it was the best pole they had ever used, I still wouldn’t just go out and buy one but it may give me the interest to investigate further.

davej1981

Whereabouts are you- a friend of mine is one of the ambassadors and might be able to arrange a waggle with one. Im in mid sussex

lp1886

Site Supporter
James Robbins told me that it’s better balanced and lighter than the Superteam Competition. If true, it must be one hell of a pole.

nejohn

Site Supporter
James Robbins told me that it’s better balanced and lighter than the Superteam Competition. If true, it must be one hell of a pole.
With all respect to James Robbins he does have a vested interest and would hardly say anything derogatory about one of his own products, which is more than understandable and should be expected. Which is why I think that cadence need to get products available to the market place so we can make our own minds up

Nipps

With all respect to James Robbins he does have a vested interest and would hardly say anything derogatory about one of his own products, which is more than understandable and should be expected. Which is why I think that cadence need to get products available to the market place so we can make our own minds up
Exactly, and there lies the problem and the reason why I started this thread. I’ve only seen positive reviews so far BUT they have all been by Cadence backed anglers and with all due respect can only be taken with a pinch of salt.

Davej1981. Deepest Dorset unfortunately where seeing any pole in a shop is like seeing flying pigs. Was really hoping on one of the big shows to have a good look around but that is sadly looking a long way off the way things are going.

davej1981

Exactly, and there lies the problem and the reason why I started this thread. I’ve only seen positive reviews so far BUT they have all been by Cadence backed anglers and with all due respect can only be taken with a pinch of salt.

Davej1981. Deepest Dorset unfortunately where seeing any pole in a shop is like seeing flying pigs. Was really hoping on one of the big shows to have a good look around but that is sadly looking a long way off the way things are going.
I think Dorset would be a bit far for him!

davej1981

Maybe message cadence and ask if there are any ambassadors in your area that might be able to bring one to you to look at

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Didn't "Evolved Baits" have Cadence listed and available to look at some time ago. Associated Brands "Cadence" is listed at the bottom of their website so may be worth giving them a ring.

davej1981

Evolved baits I believe is owned bu one of the ambassadors of cadence andy dixon hence the association. He has a showroom in lincoln iirc

Nipps

A possibility but have a few ideas of poles I’m interested in with the CP2000 being purely an outside wildcard. The one thing I like is the ability to build your own package. Fishing mainly rivers and deep pits the good availability of top 4’s and 5’s was of interest. As mentioned in my first post, I’m disappointed that most pole packages these days revolve around commercials. Even the mixed/ silver packages usually include 2 or 3 power or shallow kits. Would rather forfeit these for an extra fourth or fifth section or two.

lp1886

Site Supporter
I get what you’re saying, but if it was worse then they would have just rebranded the superteam pole.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Nipps- with the way things are at the moment in the tackle retail business, IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU DON'T GET. Shy bairns get nowt !
I think reputable dealers would give you a tailored package if you asked nicely ;) it is a lot of money to spend. Phone around, do homework and choose wisely where what you want are available.
AD are selling off various pole sections in a sale, many others are out there too. Look at what's available in 4s / 5s in sales and work backwards to the pole if it is in your list.
Retailers would swap power for match kits if price is right or a deal can be struck.
worth a try.

Paul.P

The one thing I like is the ability to build your own package. Fishing mainly rivers and deep pits the good availability of top 4’s and 5’s was of interest. As mentioned in my first post, I’m disappointed that most pole packages these days revolve around commercials. Even the mixed/ silver packages usually include 2 or 3 power or shallow kits. Would rather forfeit these for an extra fourth or fifth section or two.
Tricast & Leigh Tackle have always allowed me to name what top kits i've wanted with my poles, if your interested in one of the new Perception poles ( which seem in your price bracket ) i'm pretty sure Gavin would sort whatever top kits you required.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
If you really want to get your hands on a cadence pole email James Robbins, explane the situation see what he comes up with, the worse thing that can happen is you won't get a reply, or they can't get one down here, and I completely understand the dorset problem I'm here to mate.