Cadence 11ft no. 1 float rod

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Bought this rod a few weeks ago now, what a loverly rod for silvers on the waggler, I’ve chucked a 4.5aaa waggler, into a wind today, and caught roach n ide between 21/2-3ft deep, it was a joy to use, the bend on this rod even when catching a 1oz roach, is phenomenal,, I’m very very picky on rods, but this rod, is far better than it’s price tag.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have the 13ft version and I agree they are very good rods for the money certainly worth probably a good 20% more than they retail at. I'd rank it as probably the 4th best float rod I've ever used after the drennan acolyte ultra and ultralight match pro and the hardy marksman supero all of which cost a fair bit more than it. It's certainly better than anything I've used from Preston, daiwa, greys and Abu.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I’ve got the 12ft no 1 as well, I didn’t take it with me today, but I’ll use it shortly and leave a no bs review

david white

Site Supporter
I’ve got the following Cadence rods
11 ft #1 and #2
13 ft #2
15ft #2
18ft #1 ( yet to use this )

10ft wand
11 ft #1 feeder
13 ft #3 feeder ( yet to use this )

All punch far above their price tag and I’ve never had an issue with any one of them quality and finish superb delivery on time and very well packaged

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Now there's a funny thing. I've fairly recently bought an eleven foot light (12 oz TC) float rod from "The Tackle Box" near Dartford. It's their own brand and marked as such. I don't who makes the blank but it's a cracking rod.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I’ve got the following Cadence rods
11 ft #1 and #2
13 ft #2
15ft #2
18ft #1 ( yet to use this )

10ft wand
11 ft #1 feeder
13 ft #3 feeder ( yet to use this )

All punch far above their price tag and I’ve never had an issue with any one of them quality and finish superb delivery on time and very well packaged
I did buy the 13ft no3 feeder rod last year, but i didn’t like it, I sent it back, as a distance feeder rod, the handle was 2inch to short, and the first ring was to close to the reel.

david white

Site Supporter
I did buy the 13ft no3 feeder rod last year, but i didn’t like it, I sent it back, as a distance feeder rod, the handle was 2inch to short, and the first ring was to close to the reel.

As I said I haven’t used mine yet tbh l bought mine to ‘ bait up ‘ with and the occasional use on rivers ( neither of which I do very often ) so I’m not sure the points raised by you will be of equal concern to me ( the fact Cadence now have a dedicated ‘ distance ‘ feeder rod possible speaks volumes )

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
have to say I am a Cadence fan as it allows me to add rods for a relatively cheap price without compromising quality and performance and means I have what I need rather than making do. Price v quality has always been a good ratio and is one of their ISP's combined with excellent service and good communication.

I will be adding an 11ft #2 match rod this year, and will also buy a 10ft Drennan acolyte ultra feeder which will release and 11ft cadence feeder rod from silvers duty.

Most impressive for me has been the little CS5 4000 reels. I bought 2 of these in one of the 2 for 1 deals so at £25 a pop expectation was not to go overboard. But I have been (very) pleasantly surprised. I have been using them for commercial carp match fishing and having stripped the disappointing Guru pulse line from the spools and adding Daiwa sensor they have fished brilliantly. Line lay is superb, casting is smooth and the bail arm engages effortlessly. They easily compare to my much more expensive Matrix Horizons and if the 2 Cs8's i have just bought for the pellet wagg perform jsut as well I will be very pleased indeed. Hats of to Cadence.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have 6 of the cadence reels, which I love, they’re excellent, 4 of the 4000’s, and 2 of the 5000’s, which I havnt used yet, but they seem very nice, I’ll review em later👍👍👍

SteveAmo

I’ve got this 11 foot #1 float rod as well and it’s a dream to use for silvers!

Cadence kit is top notch and causing a few ruffled feathers in the Tackle Industry

nutmeg

Site Supporter
The CS8 3000 and 4000 reels were on offer again last weekend, buy one get one free, mix and match if you wanted one of each.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Drennan Matchpro ultralite 11' is a contender if you're happy to spend a touch more? There is a guy landing a catfish on one, bending the rod almost tip to cork, but managed it! Line down to 12oz up to 4lb.

Bayer 2.6 and Bayer 1.7 hook link. On the Acolyte plus 4-6lb main line, hook links 3lb-4lb. About to try the Acolyte Ultra any day now.

Long jon

Bought this rod a few weeks ago now, what a loverly rod for silvers on the waggler, I’ve chucked a 4.5aaa waggler, into a wind today, and caught roach n ide between 21/2-3ft deep, it was a joy to use, the bend on this rod even when catching a 1oz roach, is phenomenal,, I’m very very picky on rods, but this rod, is far better than it’s price tag.
Just reading this thread as a newcomer to the forum .. this was the first Cadence rod I bought . I’ve used it on a local old estate lake and caught Roach , Bream to 5Lb and wild Carp to 8lbs , it’s also been out on a local small river and taking Chub up to 4lb .. in all situations it’s a delight to fish with . Rarely ever bump a fish , total confidence in using light reel lines and hook lengths . I’m not suggesting using it for bigger fish just that if they do come along it handles them beautifully . A 13ft CR10 no 2 has just joined it and again finish and action is superb , I can’t fault the 2 rods and think they offer superb value for money . The line control and pick up with number 2 is equal if not better than anything I’ve ever used and contrary to other posts I would suggest the action very similar to my Normark Titans

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Love all my cadence gear, just did a quick calculation of some more bits I would like just the 2k needed. That does include pole and extras. Ill get there but by that time it will 3k lol.

david white

Site Supporter
Love all my cadence gear, just did a quick calculation of some more bits I would like just the 2k needed. That does include pole and extras. Ill get there but by that time it will 3k lol.

Ahhh I think we’ve all been there at some point
on the positive side if it wasn’t Cadence gear you may well already be looking at the 3k price tag what you don’t want to do is start pricing up what you’ve already bought ( or at least counting it up out loud !! )

Would it be unhelpful of me to mention that Cadence are happy to use PayPal payment and PayPal are happy to allow a credit facility............... ( maybe I should leave quietly )

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@david white I've run the numbers for both what I have, what I want and without terminal tackle it's enough to scare your average hobbiest, and yes I am aware they take all sorts of payment, but if get more gear before the misses gets a replacement car I'll have no legs or arms or any......., it's worth considering the consciences besides I don't wish to borrow to finance this little hobbie. I'm happy enough for now but if anybody has a 15ft 0 a distance feeder or pole with 4 top kits cupping kit and extra 3 4 sections for the top kits cupping kit donations are accepted. :roflmao:

JLK

Has anyone got a Drennan Acolyte 11ft Carp Waggler (aka Acolyte Ultra 11ft Plus) and compared the 11ft #1 to this?
I ask as the specs look similar to the drennan rod mentioned and if I bought one would I in affect be buying a cheaper variant of the 11ft Ultra Plus?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@JLK I can’t compare those lengths but power wise a 13ft #1 (which I have) sits between the 13ft ultra (which I also have) and the 13ft plus (which I’ve only waggled) but it is slightly closer to the plus than the ultra. I’ve only waggled the carp waggler and didn’t like it tbh but it’s more powerful than the plus so I’d guess it’s probably more comparable with the #2 if not possibly even the #3 but I haven’t handled them. I should think it’s a fairly similar story across the different lengths.

JLK

Drennan don't do an 11ft ultra plus or a 12ft ultra plus but do have the 11ft carp Waggler and the 12 ft carp Waggler then it goes to the 13ft ultra plus, so I'm assuming (based on me having the 11ft carp waggler) and how it fishes, that the carp Waggler tag is a bit of a misnomer and these could be classed as plus variant waggler rods.

I think that if I were to get an 11ft #1 Id be basically buying another rod on par with the 11ft carp Waggler (11ft ultra plus) albeit a cheaper option, as my gut feeling is that this is where it's going to sit in relation to an 11ft acolyte ultra. Just like your 13ft #1 sits above the 13ft ultra but closer to the 13ft ultra plus.