Cabin Fever

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then, how long does it take before cabin fever starts setting in, you get 'the itch', an uncontrollable urge to go fishing, the need far out weighs any other, you can't stop thinking about anything else other than 'got to get out there'

It's starting to set in with me :)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I’m going tomorrow for a few hours unless I wake up with Camilla at one side and Sereena at the other starkers then I may be a bit delayed ??

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
In the warmer months I get itchy feet if I don't get out for a couple weeks but at this time of year it takes about a month. With all this shocking weather it's been over 2 months at the moment so cabin fever is an understatement! Finally getting out tomorrow though, off to the tackle shop soon now it's back open after Christmas.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Already... have been for 2 weeks... on a
match on Sunday and I packed in matches... all the rivers round here are chocolate brown and tanking through and all the club lake car parks are like quagmires

Dusty

I’m not one for winter fishing at all and usually don’t start back up again until March.
Once Christmas is out the way I start getting the itch to go again. Roll on spring.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’m not a fan of winter fishing either but you still got to go when you can, better than sitting at home. When you occasionally catch good conditions you can have really good days still, the warm spell we had in February springs to mind.

That said roll on the spring indeed as it does make it a lot easier to get out when you don’t have to play the weather lottery so much.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I've had the 'itch' now for a couple of days. but couldn't find the time. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be chucking a line.

IanG1

Site Supporter
Just sorted my gear for a silvers session on Monday on local commie. Off to see friends later and not back till later tomorrow so be up with the sparrows on Monday as I need a fix after being couped up over Xmas.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I started to feel unwell on Boxing Day. Sore throat coughing etc. Well yesterday I was in bed till 6pm. Like swallowing razor blades. Sore throat not as bad today but blocked nose,headaches and shivers. Had a ticket for Newcastle game today but no way I can go. So have gave it away. Can’t even muster the effort to walk in back garden to check my fish.
Feel like proper cabin fever. All I have had to eat in last 2 days is 2 bowls of porridge. And house if full of lovely food. ☹️