Buying tackle because of love at first sight

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I think with the Korum LRF rod I bought last week it was definitely the look of it that stopped me long enough to pick it up and waggle it.

There’s definitely been other bits over the years that have triggered a similar “looks pretty, buy it” moments for me.

Ivan heaphurst

Oh yes! I once entered my local tackle shop for a pint of maggots and left with £200 worth of Acolyte rod. Most expensive pint of maggots I’ve ever bought!
Did the same thing then went and purchased a Youngs Heritage centrepin. Tell you what though they make a superb combination on a river.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
At a vintage tackle fair about 4 years ago I spied an Allcocks Popular 3.5" pin... gave it a spin and was hooked... £150 changed hands and I was a happy bunny

TiggerXFM

I don't think I buy an item of tackle just because of how it looks, but it's great when a eye catching item of tackle fishes as good as it looks 😎.
I think pretty much all the tackle I have fishes well for me, and I like the looks of it also, especially my centrepin reels 🤗😍😄.....daft I know 🙄.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
I am a sucker for anything Sensas. Love the brand and have to admit to buying 'green' things as a result. It stems back to my childhood i think when it was a exotic foreign brand and looked cooler than my Daiwa :)

TiggerXFM

I am a sucker for anything Sensas. Love the brand and have to admit to buying 'green' things as a result. It stems back to my childhood i think when it was a exotic foreign brand and looked cooler than my Daiwa :)
I would say you will have a sensas bucket then 😃.

I have some sensas maggot neck bags, got them from Bob co years ago. They do wear out quite quickly though and since my initial few purchased I have had lots inbetween. Downside with them is when fully loaded with maggots they hurt my neck!

Kyon Thinh

Wow it seems like I am not alone in this.
My whip which I fell in love and bought it, still going strong through this winter. Although it was not advertised as a power whip or something like that, but I got a 2kg Bream with it. I am so satisfied when something has good quality and looks good too.