butchers prime cuts

rubberducky

aller la pche
my father in law is a butcher.
we do well for ourselves and save a fortune as he is a generous chap.
one reason why im 18st...the other is i like a beer or 12.[:D]

ive honestly never even considered till now - reading these posts, what meat would be killer as a fishing bait.

so what have you used?

we do get a few scraggy bits from time to time as well as the good stuff so i will probs start with bacon.
ive heard raw steak is good for chub so wondering what else might work.
im talking straight from the bag here, fresh but im not going to cook a 3 course meal for em...

ill pester him soon, based on your suggestions as he owes me a good fridge full as ive just helped rewire his new kitchen.[:p]

cheers n stuff

rubberducky...

floatfisher44

I have heard of Anglers on the Northern Rivers, Swale , Nidd etc refer to Steak and mince for Chub etc.!Must be worth a go.!

Spenceuk99

As a kid I used Bacon rind for eels, lights also worked really well.

Probably the best thing to do with most meat isto eat the good stuff and breed gozzers with the cuts you don't like.

rubberducky

aller la pche
Originally posted by Spenceuk99

As a kid I used Bacon rind for eels, lights also worked really well.

Probably the best thing to do with most meat isto eat the good stuff and breed gozzers with the cuts you don't like.

love to breed maggots but the missus wouldnt approve [:D].
i do what i like but i think shed have a big problem with maggots from her dads meat.

rubberducky...

SpiderWebb

Spider.
Site Supporter
Few scrag ends in a biscit tin, hole in lid, place down the bottom of the garden and deny any knowlage of funny smells.
tankie63.

iammrb

Site Supporter
Gammon is great hair rigged when feeding meat as it stays on the hook and can be used many times before changing