Burton Joyce Road Stretch: Macmillan Charity Match - Saturday 25th June

Added to Calendar: 25/06/22

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Yes mate do dedras as well as maggots casters and pinkies, they also have groundbait, pellets etc

ravey

Now thats wetted the appetite, is there a tackle shop nearby, the dilemma is as I'm traveling up on the Friday and staying do I try and bring bait with me or order it for collection Friday or Saturday morning, any locals could you help me out.
I can thoroughly recommend Stapleford Angling for bait. Just off J25 of the M1.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I'll be bringing freebies with me if anyone wants anything tackle wise.

Just bought 2 of the Dinsmore river keepnets which come with a free landing net head which is surprisingly decent.

So I have 2 of them going spare.

Also rods and reels that are gathering dust.

I'll load the car up and folk can have a mooch. Maybe someone's in a club where junior anglers could make use of stuff.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Gixer13 Where you heading for Breakfast mate, I'll come and join you. (y)

IanG1

Site Supporter
I'm up for a breakfast if there is a meet up being organised before the draw in the ferry boat at 8.00am?

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I've just looked at the ferry boat Inn they don't start breakfast till 9am !! So if there are a few of us looking for breakfast we are going to have to find an alternative, might be a good idea to book depending on numbers.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
last time i went to daleside cafe for one of brickies matches on the viaducts Neil lawrence was dressed in a kaftan and fez that must be 4 years ago now. Not seen him on here for a few years wonder how he is and if hes still fishing anyone know ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I'm up for Daleside cafe it's a bit out of the way but only 30 mins to get there for 7:30 AM. @bricky72 Do you have to book a table Michael ?

jononcb

Or there is a Toby Carvery (Colwick park) on the same road as the Daleside Cafe I think that opens at 8am.
3 mile from the Ferry Boat pub
All you can eat for £5.50.
NG2 4BP.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I've made an executive decision, I'll be breakfasting at my hotel (assuming they do breakfast early enough) then getting my bait, or I'm gonna be tramping round all over the place.

bricky72

Site Supporter
last time i went to daleside cafe for one of brickies matches on the viaducts Neil lawrence was dressed in a kaftan and fez that must be 4 years ago now. Not seen him on here for a few years wonder how he is and if hes still fishing anyone know ?
Neil still goes fishing but he not on this site anymore

Yes I remember that lol I wondered what the ****
have these been released from rampton on day release lol

bricky72

Site Supporter
Or there is a Toby Carvery (Colwick park) on the same road as the Daleside Cafe I think that opens at 8am.
3 mile from the Ferry Boat pub
All you can eat for £5.50.
NG2 4BP.
Yes it’s on same road 200 yards from racecourse island before speed camera