Burton Joyce Road Stretch: Macmillan Charity Match - Saturday 25th June

Added to Calendar: 25/06/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Will we get @Dave and @Peter on a river match this time? 🤔 come on you know you want to, its the mighty Trent 😀

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Will we get @Dave and @Peter on a river match this time? 🤔 come on you know you want to, its the mighty Trent 😀
I just need confirmation from my social secretary that we haven't anything else planned that weekend as it's too close to her birthday to make the decision myself :D

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
What's the bank like on this stretch for getting keepnets in? Is it rocky?

Have a platform barrow if need to sit out in the water but don't have a seat box and all the scaffolding to attach stuff to 🤔

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
What's the bank like on this stretch for getting keepnets in? Is it rocky?

Have a platform barrow if need to sit out in the water but don't have a seat box and all the scaffolding to attach stuff to 🤔
Generally OK - certainly not like the battle some had at Sheldon's. I do sometimes put my box just in the very edge of the water there, but you've mainly got 4-6ft of water under your rod tip. The exception is if you draw near the outflow which is rockier, but has the advantage of often being some of the better pets. If you are planning to feeder fish, then you can generally be on the bank quite happily.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I'll bring my Rigger XL platform/barrow along and if I am on a peg where I don't need it then someone is welcome to use it for the duration of the match.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Match has only been posted less than 24 Hours and over halfway filled already, so looking good. (y) I am hoping for a warm day but overcast so the bream come out to play.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Need to check a few things before committing to this one. ;)

Paul.P

Would like to fish this but have to find out when the supercup dates are as might coincide ?

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
Put me down, I'll sort the payment ect later, later had arrived think I've made payment.

Last edited:

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@Yuccaman thanks mate this will break my trent virginity, I'll be able to tick it off my fishing bucket list to boot. I thought it would fill fast it's a real bucket list venue for those outside the area.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Yuccaman thanks mate this will break my trent virginity, I'll be able to tick it off my fishing bucket list to boot. I thought it would fill fast it's a real bucket list venue for those outside the area.
Absolutely! Being that the club I’m in control it, it seemed like the perfect venue for this

Status
Not open for further replies.