Burton Joyce Road Stretch: Macmillan Charity Match - Saturday 25th June

Added to Calendar: 25/06/22

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Depending on which Weather forecast you look at the view is for sunny spells in the morning to from 0% to 100% chance of rain.o_O :ROFLMAO:Wind from the SSW which is good. I am hoping for a peg in the teens and to hit a shoal of bream. :D

jononcb

Depending on which Weather forecast you look at the view is for sunny spells in the morning to from 0% to 100% chance of rain.o_O :ROFLMAO:Wind from the SSW which is good. I am hoping for a peg in the teens and to hit a shoal of bream. :D
Weather forecast has altered again now (from yesterday) lol just sunny intervals all day but a cooler 19 degrees.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@jononcb Nooooo ! Don't say that, right chaps there is only one thing for it there will be mass singing at the draw in the hope that it brings the clouds on. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Scribe

Site Supporter
I’m getting quite excited about this get-together. I will tie some hooks up later this afternoon. Haven’t fished or even looked at the river yet.
Can you do some for me, pretty please. :D(y)

IanG1

Site Supporter
I’m getting quite excited about this get-together. I will tie some hooks up later this afternoon. Haven’t fished or even looked at the river yet.
Been out today (not the match stretch) and you'll be pleased your old faithful Tares have worked @ravey. Maybe not enough roach on road stretchy yet but Sawley has a few.
IMG_20220622_142032733_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220622_150848268.jpg

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
So.... reminder for Saturday:
  • Draw - 9am (river users car park opposite the Ferry Boat pub - NG14 5HX or sardine.typed.paths)
  • Still to pay £10
  • Fish 10.30-3.30
Key Match rules:
  • No barbel over 5lb in keepnet - I will give you my mobile number if you think you have one and come and weigh there and then.
  • No more than 50lb in one net - it is possible if you hit the bream, particularly the big ones.
  • Pike will not count in the match - if you happen to get one, get it safely back.
Assuming all are there, my plan for payout is £50 for 1st, £30 2nd and £20 for 3rd.

@Scribe @bricky72 @jononcb @Kirtons @Gutsy @ravey @ulladubulla @160642fishing @Me and my lad @Krh57 @IanG1 @rd115 @gixer 13 @Fugley-fisher @Pyffy @Zerkalo @fish4alarf @Paul k @Wardee

@gixer 13 Are you still OK to bring your weigh sling?

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
Think there is a raffle book floating about the house, will ask swimbo. Not found so sorry.

Last edited:

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I've got stuff to bring if there's a raffle. Several reels and even a couple of rods.

Off top of my head:

Korum Axis 3000 (unboxed)
Daiwa Emcast BR LT 5000 (might have spare spool if i can find it, also Quick Drag modified)
KastKing Sharky 3 5000 (boxed, Quick Drag mod)
Drennan Red Range float reel (boxed)

Greys Prodigy TXL Specimen 11ft 1lb (no bag)
Korum Allrounder 12ft 1.25lb (no bag)

Couple of Dinsmore landing net heads which are fantastically strong for the money. Match size / pan nets with speed mesh / easy flow.

If there ends up not being a raffle these are all free to anyone who wants them or knows of a club to donate to the youngsters etc.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Happy to bring the following to raffle

Korum River Tripod
Daiwa Matchman 6 Tube Holdall Brand New came with new pole unused.
NGT 50 Inch Landing Net with dual flotation system new unused.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thank you so much for the offer of raffle prizes - I thought I had some tickets, I do.

Looks like some good things being generously donated, so £5 a strip seems a bargain! We’ll draw at the end of the match.