Burton Joyce Road Stretch Charity Match 2022

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good evening Team MD.

After the 2nd Sheldon's match, I got chatting and ended up suggesting that I might organise a match on the River Trent on the infamous Burton Joyce Road Stretch, home of the Riverfest final for the last 2 years.

Now, it just so happens that Mrs Yucca is running the London Marathon next year in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, and I thought I might combine a match with support for this, running it as a charity match. So...

My suggestion would be £15 each, with £5 going to Macmillan and the other 10 being split between peg and pools. We aren't talking big money here, but that's the spirit of the past couple of matches at East Stoke, and a chance to fish on a stretch with cracking chub and barbel, big bream catches if you land on them, and great stick float fishing for roach/dace. Park behind your peg on every swim.

I could either go for an end of season match in March, or start of season in June or early July (or both?)

What are you thoughts, Team MD?

Rob F

Site Supporter
I've never, ever fished a match, EVER! But I'd be willing to break my duck for this if it's a date I can make.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I am up for that and will help out if needed. (y)

IanG1

Site Supporter
Definitely up for this. The East Stoke matches have been grand days out the road stretch appeals to me.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Sssh keep this quite chaps otherwise Luke @ulladubulla will hear about it and he has already had a practice session in readiness for this match on there this year. :D

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Wow, Brill idea. I was gutted I missed the second match at East Stoke. Super venue, great blokes and a fantastic cause. I would be up for both March and June.