Burton Joyce Results - Macmillan Match 25th June 2022

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
So, first of all, thank you to everyone. It's been a great fun day, even though the fishing was hard work.

With standard MD camaraderie, the draw was made and off we trotted to our pegs. I say trotted, drove, given that you can park behind every single one on the Road Stretch. It's been fishing quite hard since the start of the season, with odd bream showing up - desperately in need of some rain, and sun combined with strong downstream wind was going to make for a tough one.

Anyway...

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-25 at 6.07.04 PM (1).jpeg

At the whistle, first throw with the stick and I had a fish that I have caught precisely 4 of since moving to Nottingham in 1999 - including this one! A little Tommy Ruffe...

IMG_8845.JPG

And that was it for a good while. Trying to fish the float was a nightmare in the wind - partly casting, but moreso feeding at 30yds or so. We had respite from the wind for about half an hour in early afternoon and several people said that was when they caught as they could actually present properly.

IMG_8847.JPG

So... results.

1 Ulladubulla 9.12 (including a proper bream)

IMG_8849.JPG

2 Kirtons 7.3 (including a proper bream)
IMG_8851.JPG

3 Ravey 6.11 (all silvers)
4 Fugleyfisher 3.4 (and a hell of a lot of miles to catch them)
5 Zerkalo 3.2 (including a banging 2.3 perch)
IMG_8848.JPG

6 Meandmylad 3.1
7= Gixer 13; KRH57; Jononcb - all 2.7
10 Wardee 2.6
11 IanG1 2.1
12 Yuccaman 1.0
13 Fish4alarf 0.5
14= Everyone else - DNW :(

Thank you so much everyone for a brilliant day, and most importantly perhaps...

MD has raised an incredible £605 today for Macmillan!!!! This is made up of £265 before today, the peg fees donated by Ashfield Angling, and the raffle organised at the last minute, as well as other assorted generous donations.

Should you feel the desire to add to this, Mrs Yucca's JustGiving link for Macmillan is HERE!.

I will post a screen shot of the donations when we make them (probably Monday or Tuesday) after we pay the cash in from today.

THANK YOU MD!

tincatim

Site Supporter
Nice one lads, it’s a shame the wind spoilt the fishing somewhat but it sounds like you all had a good time. A slab of bream can make all the difference in these difficult matches, and that perch is a clonker, Zerkalo.

Well done on raising so much money, great effort 👏🏻

Arch

Site Supporter
Well done everyone. It was tough conditions when I had a walk down. A superb amount raised as well.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well done James for organising the match today, top result of the day raising £605 for Macmillan, well done to everyone on persevering on a day more like March than June. (y)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Well done all on a difficult day. I had the peg I'm told was the flyer with outlet running into it. Had the Perch earlier on my light feeder rod. Then lost a couple of Bream on same rod. Couldn't get a touch on a heavier feeder rod. Just a sprinkling of Dace to add to it.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Well done all on a difficult day. I had the peg I'm told was the flyer with outlet running into it. Had the Perch earlier on my light feeder rod. Then lost a couple of Bream on same rod. Couldn't get a touch on a heavier feeder rod. Just a sprinkling of Dace to add to it.
Unlucky today mate, losing them bream 🤯great effort though mate , well done and a lovely perch as well 👍👍🎣🎣💪💪

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Unlucky today mate, losing them bream 🤯great effort though mate , well done and a lovely perch as well 👍👍🎣🎣💪💪
Cheers mate. The first one came off pretty quick, but the second I was playing for a while and it came in close to the flow of the outlet... haven't swore that loud in a while. :LOL: Was weed city in the peg, and didn't touch the float rod due to wind.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
Just to let you all know, all my maggots have made it safely home and are now chilling to the max. Fantastic event shame the weather and fishes did not really want to play nice, congratulations to the framers not sure I'll make it for next year its a long way, and my feet are sunburnt !

160642fishing

Site Supporter
In spite of only catching two tiny roach and two dace I enjoyed it,that is until I slipped on a rock and fell in !,thanks to Mr and Mrs Yuccaman for organising it,a great result for Macmillan and I didn't do too badly in the raffle,new rod,reel and landing net.