Budget Whips

rincon60

Have a look at the Leeda concept gt whip. A nice, good value whip but I can only see it available at 3 meters on ebay at the moment.
Garbolino and Sensas do some very nice entry level whips we'll within your budget. You don't really need to spend a shed load anyway to enjoy this method of fishing. Let us know what you go with. Enjoy!
I will do, its so hard to chose haha, makes it worse you cant pick it up in any shops

baggy

Mark Saunders
It will depends on what you want to use whether it is a full telescoptic whip or part-tele/take apart whip. If it is the former the sensas alborella range is fantastic, if I was looking for a cheap, thin whip with a great action I would start there. I bought a 3m one two years ago to fill a hole in my Milo whip collection and it’s spot on

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Hi

Recently Ive found myself fishing rivers/boat yards for slivers and like the idea of something a bit more simple and quicker than a rod/reel

Ive never fished with a pole or a whip in my life but wouldnt mind a go.

While most of the fish are small silvers there is always the chance of big roach/rudd, bream in the 2-4lb bracket and some nice sized perch.

Thinking of trying around 5m to start with.

Ive seen posts on here about cheaper end whips including a Chinese one but wondered about the Middy Baggin Machine 5.5 metre which comes with 3 tops, 2 with elastic in and one flic tip. Is this too much beef for silvers? Even with the flic tip

There seem to be a lot of makes doing whips for around £30 or even less - are they any good or should I look out for a better 2nd hand one?

Thanks everyone
Did you manage to find some thing suitable? I’ve been looking at a few of the options you mentioned, as you say stock is fairly limited.

rincon60

Did you manage to find some thing suitable? I’ve been looking at a few of the options you mentioned, as you say stock is fairly limited.
Stock was a big problem and I started to debate whether waiting a few months was a good option however, I had a number of people mention the Garbolino 158 as a good option, when I saw them in a sale I went for it. I picked up the 3m and 5m. Sadly since I had them Ive not been able to fish, the snow followed by rain left many of our local rivers flooded. But they seem ok for the money (it was well under £20 for the 2) and it will make life easier when fishing with the kids - I hope haha

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Stock was a big problem and I started to debate whether waiting a few months was a good option however, I had a number of people mention the Garbolino 158 as a good option, when I saw them in a sale I went for it. I picked up the 3m and 5m. Sadly since I had them Ive not been able to fish, the snow followed by rain left many of our local rivers flooded. But they seem ok for the money (it was well under £20 for the 2) and it will make life easier when fishing with the kids - I hope haha
For the money you really cannot argue. Kitted yourself out with some hopefully decent whips for under £20, bargain. When you do get to use them, please can you let us know how you got on?