Bubble Floats

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Hey all are bubble floats (surface fishing)any good for carping in Spring????????//
Thanx
can you make them yourself and whats the best bait with them.....

Regards Gf
[h6]Take me toThe Maggotdrowners[/h6]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi GF,

If the carp are feeding near or on the surface they can work but as regards making them, it's easier and just as cheap to buy them.

If you decide to give one a go attach the float to 12inches of line of lesser breaking strain than your main line, then attach this to your main about 24inches from your hook using a bloodknot similar to a paternoster. Immediately below that on the hook side, tie another half blood with some spare line and trim off the ends. This will act as a stop knot. That way if you get a bite you are striking into the fish and not against the float.

Another method is using a controller float with a running line through the top to the hook, hope this helps.

Dave

ray

hiya gf, personally i use bubble floats but tend to use them in the summer when carp are feeding on the suface, dont know about making them but they only cost about a from the shop.
as for baits, ya can try anything, try dog/cat biscuits there are loads to choose from in the local supermarket.
if i see carp on the surface i will fire a few freebies out, if they snaffle them up then out goes the bubble float. thumbsup.gif

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
DAve what pound line would you recommend or the tarn???? (yeadon)

p.s i had a very good day at the lake i went to today got a nice bag of roach.. didnot go for pike in the end.
p.p.s
i have just finshed makin Dog biscuits with a groove in and added size 6 hook with fish friendly super glue..
than alot

Regards Gf

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet GF
Mid to late spring is better as the weather and water temp is generally warmer
I like to fill my bubble float with water to help casting and also it helps to hook a fish, the weight in the float is usually heavy enough for the fish to hook its self as so many surface bites are missed and the fish end up with torn lips.
This was a proven method on Rounhay Park lake near the boat house when i was starting out in fishing

Stu

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Where abouts on the Tarn are you going to fish from Gary?

Stu

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
ehhhhhhhh well i usally float fish off the pier with 4lb line ive ad two mirrors there in a hour on maggot and sweetcorn do you know any good spots and stu do u know that lake
nr THornbury roundabout lakeside view??????it as tench , carp , rpoach and perch in and alot of pike its free fishing111

Regards Gf

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Yes Gary
Im a Horsforth Lad fished the Tarn many a time.
if you walk up past the concrete Jetty to the car park on the left, any of those pegs will do
put out a method feeder with Worm, or a cocktail towards the island
Bream. Pellet Carp trust me. Thornbury never heard of that lake

Stu

Edited by - stu on 17 March 2002 8:11:41 PM

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
ohh cool i know ehere u mean i live nr horseforth nr Burger king nr the sk8 parc....
what are your Pbs...at the tarn
and whats in it?????at the tarn

Regards Gf

Edited by - goin_fishin on 17 March 2002 8:14:31 PM

Sleep _n_Fish

For the hookbait use a hair-rigged cork ball, it never comes off and never needs replacing as do 'Chums'.
The cork ball is easier to see and the carp can't tell the difference between the cork ball and 'Chum' Mixers, which you use as freebies.

Incidently Rod Hutchinson commented once that carp love the saltyness of cork. (at the time he was refering to it's use as bottom baits)

Cork balls also 'stain' with a flavour very easily.

I've caught big carp off the top in January before now as they were up in the water, so give a go, 'cos you never know!

SnF.

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Not that big from the tarn as PB's go
But if you fish from where i said:
Bream, Tench, Carp, Perch , Roach, the Bream and Tench to 3-4lb and plenty of them

Stu

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
This is the place i fished today (ps this is nr Bradford)
MultiMap Link

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

(Just shortened the link GF)

Edited by - Dave on 17 March 2002 9:21:38 PM

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
have you or anyone you know fished it and if yess do you know any decent pegs....

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.