Bubble and Squeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just cooked up a pan of Bubble and Squeek for my tea [:T]

We had family round for dinner and I had the job of cooking so it was Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puds, Mashed and Roast taties, savoy cabbage, peas, carrots and some broccoli, plus a side dish of cauliflower cheese. Roasted onions and proper gravy for compliments [^]
Lemon meringue and trifle for pudding

Anyway there was some mashed tatie, cabbage and onions left over so rather than give it to the 4 legged waste disposal unit (Max), it went in a pot for later, fried up with brown sauce to dip it in [:p][:T]

Awesome

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Add diced bacon and top with cheese and your sorted!!!!!!

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Barbara makes Bubble and Squeak Rosti from a Delia recipe book.Par boiled grated spuds,Cabbage,Onion and Cheese.Fill yer boots.

nobby478

miserable old ....
Wow....I cooked some extra sprouts today to do just the same thing with some cold chicken cuts tomorrow..haven't had B&S for ages.

Did a fancy side today....brocolli and cauliflower cheese in individual pie dishes, with a dash of curry powder in the sauce, plain cheese sauce on top with breadcrumbs and grated cheddar and gruyere...but at the bottom as a suprise was mushy peas !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
3 fried eggs on the top,

done runny wih crispy edged whites

food of the gods[:D]

Col7777

I love Bubble & Squeek, sometimes make extra on the dinner just to have B&S the next day.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Bacon, Sausages, Eggs and Bubble.[:T]

dhl man

formally known as
just what i got today peter , cant wait , made sure i done extra of every thing , was going to have nice cold beef with it but its a bit fatty so gonna trim it and have crusty rolls n pickle with the beef and b+s for tea

andyjh

knownowt
I must be getting fussy in my old age, as a kid I remember having either B&S or Lobby, on the Monday, and to tell the truth I don't miss either of them.

Maybe when I get laid off and money is tight I'll be forced to but in the meantime I'll pass.

nobby478

miserable old ....
It was always Boxing Day 's dinner for us. Cold Turkey, B&S and Piccalilli.

It was lovely....got to be with fresh sprouts for me, frozen are missing something.

Cooky

You are all posh Gits

bubble and squeak indeed

Its cold warmed up

the gaffer

proper grub for proper people,used to love it when it was tates and the left over cabbage that had been boiled in the same pan as the big old lump of fat bacon. mmmmmmmm awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.