Bruce &Walker Rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
[?][?] Does anybody know anything about rods made by a company called Bruce & Walker [?][?]

The reason I ask is my local tackle shop has 12ft Carbon (hand made according to the label) XL Match Rods by this company at 29.95, with a RRP of 131.95 on offer in their sale - and as I'm in the market for a new float rod....

They feel very light and are a 3-piece with a handle section of about 2ft and then 2 * 5ft body sections.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AlanP

Last edited:

TINY

Tiny
Never heard of them Alan,but ask yourself if you would be knocking over 100.00 off any tackle that is brand new.
In the same breath though,a new 12 carbon at that price is still good value for money.

Andy......Staffs Angling Supplies

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Andy

Well made points regarding the amount of discount, and value for money.

I've just rung the tackle shop and have got some updated information (I have updated my original post).

The name is B & W, as in Bruce & Walker, rather than D & W (I'll learn my alphabet when I grow up [:I]), and the model is XL.

It is heavily discounted as they have now been discontinued by B & W, and the shop want to get rid of the last couple they have in stock, and free up some display space, before new stuff comes in.

AlanP

TINY

Tiny
If they are Bruce and Walker GET THEM!!!!!!
B&W have never made a bad rod as far as I know.
Youre not still sat there are you??
Go now!!!!
Andy......Staffs Angling Supplies

AlanP

'EastAngler'
When I went in there this morning they had 2 on the shelves, and when I spoke to them at about 4pm they were still there.

It looks like I might have to fit in another visit in the morning doesn't it [:)].

Thanks for the advice, from somebody in the trade who isn't making anything on the deal, it's great to hear such a "full-on" recommendation.

AlanP

TINY

Tiny
Any time pal,youre very welcome.

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alan,
Many years ago Bruce & walker made a range of rods called CTM's.
They were a glass rod available in 12,13 & 14 foot lengths and CTM actually stood for Compound Taper Match.
At the time these were the Mutts Nuts [:D]
I still have 2 of them somewhere tucked away.
At those prices with a Bruce & walker label i'd buy both of them.[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Bruce and Walker make b****y good rods, for some reason they dont advertise heavily these days. If one of these rods meets your needs grab it and run its a steal.

chill out go fishing

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Visited the shop on the way into work this morning, and I'm now sitting at my desk with a nice new rod next to me [:D].

All I need to do now is finish the d******ing and take it out for a session, maybe next weekend if things progress as planned.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll let you know how I get on.

AlanP

TINY

Tiny
I still think you should have bought both.

Andy

Thats got to hurt!!!

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Andy

I was very, very tempted I have to admit. What put me off was I just couldn't imagine a situation where I could fish 2 float rods at the same time - and concentrate on the floats properly.

Maybe this is because I would normally have a leger rod out if a 2nd is allowed. I must admit I've never tried fishing 2 float rods at the same time.

Have you, or anybody else, any experience of this?

AlanP

TINY

Tiny
I always use two float rods,but never at the same time.I set them identically,one of which is shallower for taking fish up in the water.I find it easier to do that than move weights about risking a line break or crimping,which will break the line anyway.

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

blackbudgie

I have owned a B+W carbon fly rod for 11 years and would have no hesatation in recomending them,i hope u bought it.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
blackbudgie

1 purchased, but still unused. I got as far as getting it set up on Saturday before the weather got the better of us.

It felt really light and well balanced, I'm looking forward to seeing how it handles.

AlanP

Status
Not open for further replies.