Brrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Fishing Sunday so hope things improve some. Water will be fine since it is a warm water discharge area and will hold between 15-18. Easy on the fish but maybe tough on the anglers. Driving 140 miles to fish so am staying on the water all day regardless.

Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Lows in the mid 20s (-4C). Light and variable winds becoming northeast and increasing to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Thursday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow through late morning...then mostly sunny. Brisk. Highs in the upper 20s. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Thursday Night
Mostly clear and breezy. Lows near 10 above (-12C).

This will hopefully be the site of the first pole competition ever seen in that area. Todd Perdue from Virginia is bringing an 8meter one sent him by a mod on here and I am using a 9meter one sent me by Someone on here. The main fishing will be for carp and catfish but the area is full of tilapia to over 2 lbs and if the big fish are slow, we plan to set up and use the poles for some fun between runs. I do have to make myself up some rigs where I can actually see the hook to bait up and the float when it is more than 2 feet from my face. Also expecting some current but not sure how much so may have to shot up heavier just to keep the rig in the water.

Several folks expected to be there eat quite a bit of fish so I expect only the bigguns and probably any size carp will be released. Tiddlers will become bait and larger tilapia plus any catfish in the 2-5lb range will become dinner. Carp are just plain too hard to prepare if you have better choices.

Pictures (of catching hopefully) to follow regardless of results.

Newt Vail

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Newt,
I would love to be there to watch.

Don't you dare post a report without any photos.[;)]
I can't wait to see this.[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Peter - absolutely will get lots of pics. Digital this time so I can put them together with a description quickly.

Two bearded fat guys with poles. Should be quite a sight. And according to the person who arranged this thing, he has been catching carp and catfish every trip for the past month or so. I hope so since I have yet to put one on the hook this year, much less on the bank.

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go for it Newt and with a bit of luck we might see you in the World Newts [:D] www.maggotdrowning.com/worldnews.htm

[:D]

Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I am in the wrong line of work. Should have become a weather forecaster so I could be wrong regularly and still have a high-paying job.

Now that we have the predicted 3 inches of snow on the ground with no signs of it stopping, they are estimating 6 or more inches. And the low temp tonight is no longer predicted to be -12. The latest guestimate is -17-18.

And we don't get enough snow or really cold weather to be ready for it. The record low temp for this date (from 1936) is -11 so I feel a new record is in the making.

Still and all, it is supposed to be a little warmer this weekend and the place I'm going will have warm water so the fish should be comfortable and hungry even if the angler's aren't. Sounds good to me. [:p]

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.