Browning z8-2

cwebb4

Hi. I am looking at purchasing the z8-2 as a nice sounding second hand package is out there for £1000.
I know a few of you have this pole and was wondering if you wouldn't mind letting me know if it is fishable at 16m comfortably. I'm going to be fishing matches on a snake lake near me and annoyingly the island is 16/17m in most places so im sure i am going to have to fish long in order to compete. The venue is mostly carp in the 5-7lb bracket and ive heard the pole is strong but will it be manageable at the longest length for a full match if necessary? The square butt sections seem like they would help. Might i be better going for something else around the same price thats more manageable or will i need to really step up money wise for a fishable 16 meter pole? The Maver's seem to be lighter but also probably a lot easier to break? I've thought about the 999xs.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated as i need to make the decision soon :)

chris1967

Site Supporter
it's fishable at 16 ,but i wouldn't want to be holding for any extended length of time waiting for bites ,it's a dream at 13m though and strong as they come

Carp attack

Fished all day at 16m with mine,, as say its a strong pole, square butts make it even easier to hold long,

chris1967

Site Supporter
Fished all day at 16m with mine,, as say its a strong pole, square butts make it even easier to hold long,
i must be a weakling lol .i dont bother taking the 16m section with me anymore ,it's in the rafters in the garage .Two things i,ve been impressed with is the strength and not once have i had any carbon from joint wear on my hands .waiting for shops to get a z9-3 in for me to have a peep at .

Stewie74

Site Supporter
i must be a weakling lol .i dont bother taking the 16m section with me anymore ,it's in the rafters in the garage .Two things i,ve been impressed with is the strength and not once have i had any carbon from joint wear on my hands .waiting for shops to get a z9-3 in for me to have a peep at .
This was recently recommended to me as an upgrade from my MTX1, I was looking at the MTX3 but apparently this is much better. @chris1967 if you upgrade and decide to move your z8-2 on can I have first dibs please?

Carp attack

Maybe so, 🤣, love mine, perfect for my fishing, strength an reliability was what I was after and its passed with flying colours,, I tend to only fish 16m in winter tho,,,

cwebb4

Many thanks for the responses gents. Opinion seems divided on how fishable it as 16m:unsure:
Think im gonna go for. £1000 seem like a decent price for good condition, 7 top kits plus the usual stuff?

chris1967

Site Supporter
it's still like new lol .it still has the original number 3 c3(which is a number 4 on other poles) and the original number 4 d4 (and would be a number 5 on others) that have never been used and still in tubes ,i've always used the uni sections they're cheaper to replace ,i know i'll get slated for this but i hated the square butt sections and got rid of the butt sections

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Bobco now has them i think