Browning Tingrith 11th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
Well I took my first step into the world of Match fishing tonight.

It was the first in a seven match series at Browning Tingrith.

The match was fished from 18:00 to 21:00 and I had a thoroughly good time although the venue did not fish as well as I have known it to.
I was pegged next to Steve Drakulic who was the overall winner last year. I had heard him say Oh no when he drew out peg 8 and only seconds later I had peg 9in my hand.
I started on a line about 2.5 meters out and was catching Roach on small pellet but there was no sign of the usual Crucian Carp. So I put out some feed on the 4 meter line as a reserve. Initially very few fish were being caught and I was happy with my Roach, then at about 19:30 a few Carp started to show and indeed I got broken by one which led me to go out to the 4 meter line. I then achieved a first for me a Golden Orfe of 2lb 9oz no pic I'm afraid I'll add it next week. In the last half hour Steve caught 3 carp one right on the whistle.
Then for the weigh in Steve weighed in 18 lbs 11 and I managed a meagre 4lbs 5 which was good enough not to be last in fact I finished 13th out of 20,with some very well known anglers as company. This series in normally won with Carp but the winning weight of 22lbs11 was all Rudd and Roach.

1st Tony Taylor 22lbs 11oz
2nd Steve Tyler 19lbs 3oz
3rd Steve Drakulic 18lbs 11oz

In conclusion I must say that I really enjoyed my first venture into match fishing albeit that I was as expected Pools fodder, watch out Malc I can only get better I hope.

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome to the happy band of masochists Nick,
Just make sure of a plentiful supply of 1 coins at future fish-ins.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hey Nick,
We'll have a practise match on thursday!

I sure need practice!

Good Luck

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

MALC

Well done Nick,
Match fishing can be great fun especially the summer evening matches.
All the best for the rest of the matches.

Peter if i'm at them it'll be me that needs to take the 's

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com and take s from Dirk

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Well done mate,

U have just joined an institution which gets up at some stupid time on a sunday {and eveings now) tries and catch fish at a time when the fish dont really want to be caught gives away his hard earned cash into the black hole (the pools) and loves every minute of it thats match fishing.

Once again mate well done

tight lines

Ray

where there is one bream there are many more

Status
Not open for further replies.