Browning Sytec STX730

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was fortunate enough to be given this reel by my dear wife (thanks Maria love2.gif )who won it in the raffle at Elvington.
Finished in gold, it's a 7 ball bearing fixed spool with a gear ratio of 6.2:1.Continuous Anti-reverse,balanced rotor,Rear drag system and a one touch folding handle.It comes with an aluminium long stroke spool and 3 shallow match spools as standard.
I spooled it up this Saturday and into the box it went.
On Sunday it received it's debut when i set it up on a Diawa Sensor medium feeder,to fish the method.

Datafile.jpg

Well it poured down,but 4 carp (7lb,the biggest) and 3 tench gave it a workout......
I normally backwind when playing fish,but deliberatly didn't this time to test the clutch out.
No problem,the clutch behaved faultlessly,and the constant anti-reverse made setting the quiver a simple job.Also a small point but the large wooden knob on the handle ensured a firm grip on a soaking wet day.
Line lay was as good at the end of the day as it was at the beginning,with no hint of line twist thanks to the large line roller.

Although i normally use various Shimano reels,I feel that this will be the first of many outings for this particular reel,and if any faults come to light i will update this initial revue.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

dazb

peter

i have anumber of browning reels and to date i have had only one problem that was my younger brother nicking one of themicon_smile_angry.gificon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif

dazb

ps
one of the reels is from the bottem end of the range (20+) had no prob's

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Peter,
Ref my post on the Dove, it was the 720 version that slipped into anti-backwind and lost me a fish!
I love the smoothnessof the reel and It was also the one i lost the handle for back on the Derwent Worming during the Close Season.
Stay with the clutch and you'll enjoy it The reel is so smooth that the weight of the wooden handle will allow the backwind to play under gravity!

Toma solved the handle for me! and I use it where I can.
Wouldnt normally for Barbel, but waiting on new Reels in Post!

Looks identical, Well done
Enjoy

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.