Browning Sphere Zero or Middy Reactacore XZ 65

Matchfisher

Hi everyone!

The question is simple: which one is the best pole, Middy Reactacore XZ 65 or Browning Sphere Zero (not the brand new exo sphere).

Matchfisher

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Browning unless you are fishing for large carp, They are slim in profile which I like with poles, Middy spares can get a little pricey

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have the Middy XZ65-2, Great pole, only used couple of times,and selling due to surplus requirements.Not had a waffle with Browning, would be frightened to use it at the price they are.

Paul.P

The sphere is quite fragile imho, Z16 much more suited to commercials, & also browning spares for the sphere are astronomical ! ( not much cheaper for the Z16 either ), not trying to put you off, it is a brilliant pole, but take all that into consideration. Only thing I've heard about the Middy is that there spare sections are also very expensive. My advice for anyone looking to get a new pole is ( if you can ), go to somewhere like Bobco & look at them all before deciding, or failing that, speak to someone like Gavin, at Leigh Tackle, who not only sells all the different makes of pole, but once you tell him your budget & what the intended use is, will give you sound impartial advice.

Matchfisher

I have the Middy XZ65-2, Great pole, only used couple of times,and selling due to surplus requirements.Not had a waffle with Browning, would be frightened to use it at the price they are.

And can you tell me, how long exactly (!) at 13m (without mini extension, and of course, in elasticated status)?

Matchfisher

The sphere is quite fragile imho, Z16 much more suited to commercials, & also browning spares for the sphere are astronomical ! ( not much cheaper for the Z16 either ), not trying to put you off, it is a brilliant pole, but take all that into consideration. Only thing I've heard about the Middy is that there spare sections are also very expensive. My advice for anyone looking to get a new pole is ( if you can ), go to somewhere like Bobco & look at them all before deciding, or failing that, speak to someone like Gavin, at Leigh Tackle, who not only sells all the different makes of pole, but once you tell him your budget & what the intended use is, will give you sound impartial advice.
I live in Hungary, so unfortunately can't to try any kind of UK poles. For example, there isn't any Middy poles in my country. That's why I asked this question. I'm looking for a 13m pole that I can use on natural venues for skimmers, big breams, small (5-8 lbs) carps. Some people said Middy-s flagship pole better than Browning.

Paul.P

I live in Hungary, so unfortunately can't to try any kind of UK poles. For example, there isn't any Middy poles in my country. That's why I asked this question. I'm looking for a 13m pole that I can use on natural venues for skimmers, big breams, small (5-8 lbs) carps. Some people said Middy-s flagship pole better than Browning.
I would be very surprised if anyone on here has actually compared these 2 poles, the Browning is probably the most expensive pole you can buy, in the UK anyway, & the Middy is at the cheap end of flagship poles, that's not to say its no good, just that its not gonna be as good as the Browning, but then it depends what you use them for. As a silvers & F1 pole the browning is very good, indeed one of the best, but then it should be, its the most expensive ( new EXO Sphere apart ), & you pay all that extra money because it really comes into its own at longer lengths, so bearing in mind you say your looking at a 13m pole, i wouldn't waste my money on one, there's lots of brilliant poles at 13m for a lot less, indeed, sensas have a big following on the continent as most of there poles are designed at 13m , so may well be worth looking at.