Browning Sphere spliced tip rods

James81

Hi this is my first post .
Have a question about the Browning Sphere trotting rods .
Are they good for bigger trotting floats such as avons and loafers , or are they more suited to small stick floats?

TiggerXFM

Hi this is my first post .
Have a question about the Browning Sphere trotting rods .
Are they good for bigger trotting floats such as avons and loafers , or are they more suited to small stick floats?
I have the waggler rods and spliced tiprods and yes, both models are good for those floats.

Check out the centrepin reel thread to see some pic's of the rods with the floats used with them.

TiggerXFM

Just had a quick nosey at the browning sphere 13ft waggler rod and the CW is 30g.
Without checking them all i'm confident in saying the sphere14ft waggler, the 13ft 6inch and 15ft 6inch spliced sphere rods all share the same casting weight of 30 grames.

James81

Thanks very much for your replies Tigger , I had a look through the centrepin thread .
You had some lovely chub there , are they bolo floats ?
These rods seem like the rod to have for trotting.

TiggerXFM

Thanks very much for your replies Tigger , I had a look through the centrepin thread .
You had some lovely chub there , are they bolo floats ?
These rods seem like the rod to have for trotting.
No worries James 👍.
Yes, I pretty much use bolo floats in various sizes for all my trotting.
The spheres are nice rods for trotting, but there are a number of other very good rods suitable for trotting.
As an example, the drennan acolytes which are excellent, quite easy to get hold of, and are cheaper than the sphere rods.

TiggerXFM

They just seem like one of a kind rods , shame they are so expensive .
True, I would recommend you snap one up now if you fancy one I would suggest that you grab one asap as I have a feeling they won't be around much longer.
I was surprised the waggler rods were discontinued first, they are fantastic rods.
Regarding the price, I agree, they are expensive, bit look at the price of daiwa and several others, Imo the sphere is streets ahead of any of them.

James81

Got to use the rod at last , lovely rod it is , light as a feather .
Caught this Itchen bream on it with trotted breadflake 🙂

20220618_180623.jpg