Browning sphere 11ft vs Shimano Aero X7 11ft

Feeder77

Both rods are high end, quite expensive and get good reviews. Does anybody have first hand experience with these rods? Which one has more backbone? A peg I often fish has overhanging trees, more than 11ft means trouble. I want to be able to cast 50 to 60m if necessary. I am catching some bream, an odd tench and carp, quite big ones for a feeder rod to be honest, ranging from 5 to 14 kilos. Currently using an older Preston Mini plus 11'6. In need of a strong replacement. Price is not the issue.

rufcuk

Both rods are high end, quite expensive and get good reviews. Does anybody have first hand experience with these rods? Which one has more backbone? A peg I often fish has overhanging trees, more than 11ft means trouble. I want to be able to cast 50 to 60m if necessary. I am catching some bream, an odd tench and carp, quite big ones for a feeder rod to be honest, ranging from 5 to 14 kilos. Currently using an older Preston Mini plus 11'6. In need of a strong replacement. Price is not the issue.
Sphere are proven rods - unless you need to distance go for the 10ft + 10% model

grey

Site Supporter
I know the Sphere has a bit more 'oomph', but I'd have thought they're both a bit light in action for 50m+ casts. You casting out a method feeder?

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
For them size of fish, I wouldn’t suggest either, I would opt for a free spirit ctx, half the price of what your looking at, but a lot stronger rod, for dealing with long chucks, and big fish👍👍👍

Feeder77

For them size of fish, I wouldn’t suggest either, I would opt for a free spirit ctx, half the price of what your looking at, but a lot stronger rod, for dealing with long chucks, and big fish👍👍👍
Seems interesting, but I live on the European mainland and the brand doesn't seem to have (m)any dealers here.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Money no object... 11ft Tournament SLR. Out and out Carp distance feeder will handle those size fish.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Look at the Free Spirit Hi's Power feeders or Carp Feeders. These are in the same price range. The CTX carp feeder range is excellent value for money. Had my Biggest Carp on CTX 10ft Carp Feeder, 19lb 6oz.