Browning Cudmore (Tara Pool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Well lads as you all know this saturday (6th) it's the second of my 6 matches to raise some funds for The BDAA and we are on Tara Pool at Cudmore.

What i'm after is some last minute info for us all, as most of us fishing have not fished or even seen the venue before we are on pegs 26 upwards.

So if anyone can give us a few pointers regards Tara be it Depths,Tactics,Baits or anything we would all be very greatfull.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scouse

'River Man'
hi malc
just looked on fishooked c/d rom
the only info i can get is
it has carp and tench, two islands
the baits are paste, boilie. corn.meat,
it did not mention pinkies or maggot
but you never know
sorry but thats all the info on it
hope it helps somehow

dave
scouse

MALC

Cheers Dave,

Any info is better than no info.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Stu Dav

Davi
Malc
Now then now then. TARA.

I was on pleasure fishin about 3 weeks ago, with the wrong bait as it happens, but still caught plenty of fish.
And once I`d had a chat and nicked some bait of one of the open match crew, who was practicing a new method, I caught some really big fish!

Right here goes

I took and used 6 pints of red and bronze maggot, meant for somewhere else but it got canceled, I also took pellet and paste as a stand-by.
And the normal tin of meat and corn.
The maggot feeder chucked near (not too near) one of the islands gave lots of bites and plenty of fish, in the form of Chub 1lb...1.5lb
Barbel 1lb.......4lb Tench `small` and only one or two carp 4lb ish.
I remember it went well for a while then it slowed down when the ducks decided they could dive for the maggots coz the water is shallow near the Island I was fishin against.I started casting a bit short when they arrived and then chucking it back up once they'd passed, still gettin bites but not as many fish.
I'd also set up a pole line at 9 meters and one right at the edge (two foot deep)with pellet and a bit of corn.

Its a good 6 foot may be more at 9 meters, this didn't do much even feeding quite often still not many fish really and was happy to keep chucking the maggot in and watching the tip pull round with small fish

Then this happy chappy matchman set up at the side of me, practicing with a newish method, feeding soft pellet at 9 meters or so and fishing punched cat meatmeat on the hook, it took a good hour for his first fish, but boy was it a good one, Common Carp over 10lb.
He was getting good fish on this method for quite a while until it slowed down, then out came the trump card, fishing the same line but very shallow (foot or so even less) with the same bait cat meat + soft pellet he got carp after carp some of them well over 10lb,one or two touching 15lb.

Anyway that nice man(from Wales) sez to me in his nice accent `get some of them and give it a go boy.
So I did and it worked, fishing shallow and feeding soft pellet often with soft pellet or punched cat meat on the hook, loads of Carp, my biggest crudely wieghed at 17lb and a few more near this, with the rest around 6lb half a dozen or so.
So thanks to that man from Wales who left me his left over bait, I could hardly pull my net out when I packed up.
I can only imagine this method still works, get the cat meat chunks in jelly not gravy and make sure the pellets sink.
Oh yeah am sure these fish are slightly tame as they come in quite easy.

Hope this gets you thinking.

Stu Dav
ps check the rules on there web page I now they have one cudmore.com or somthing like that, it might be cud-more !

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Cheers for the advice Stu.

I am sure one or two of the anglers fishing will give it a go.not saying who though Kev.

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

kev coke

Did he say catmeat and pellet on tara is he sure he wasnt fishing rolfs .
I think i might give it a go not that i do much catmeat fishing :0)

Brian Johnson

TARA. LAST TIME I FISHED IT ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND IT WAS DEFINATELY THE TIP,THE METHOD FEEDER IS A MUST THE FISH WERE BIG THEN AND I BELIEVE THEY ARE BIGGER NOW GOING OFF THE WEIGHTS.BUT KEEP HOLD OF YOUR ROD AT ALL TIMES THEY WILL HAVE IT AWAY I KID YOU NOT.

TIGHT LINES AND ALL THE BEST

BJ.

BJ

Status
Not open for further replies.