Browning Black Magic CFX Match 14ft Float Waggler Rod

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Anyone with experience of these rods?

Looking for a potentially cheap river waggler rod and slider rod. Would save me a bit over a 14' Garbolino Slider rod as these are going for £59.95. Not sure if it would be up to slider fishing though and not sure if it's a decent rod for the river. Another option I've considered is a 14' Acolyte Plus as I could potentially cover both bases with that.
For £60 ,id take a chance , get it and enjoy ,or give it to father 👨 😍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Both for Chef the bagger😍
No that was last Wednesday,it only opened back up on the Tuesday, I fished this Monday, it’s a very deep reservoir and the fish don’t really wake up there until the water warms up ... it’s heavily carp fished by the boilie/ spod/zig brigade

robert d

Site Supporter
No that was last Wednesday,it only opened back up on the Tuesday, I fished this Monday, it’s a very deep reservoir and the fish don’t really wake up there until the water warms up ... it’s heavily carp fished by the boilie/ spod/zig brigade
I cant stand fishing where carpers fish , way to much bait goes in but thats their way ,bait up and wait for the monsters . Not knocking their style but i dont like fishing where they are .

chris1967

Site Supporter
I’ve been toying with buying free spirit hi S rods, but I wouldn’t think that qualified me to give advice on every distance feeder rod on the market 🤷‍♂️
Massive (y) for the free spirits ,overlooked on every ones wish list as not all shops stock them but they are in a different league ,you've probably seen them at clattercote already mate

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Massive (y) for the free spirits ,overlooked on every ones wish list as not all shops stock them but they are in a different league ,you've probably seen them at clattercote already mate
I couldn’t justify the High S , but what are the CTX like??

robert d

Site Supporter
Watched a good few videos on them ,they look superb ,if i was needing a long chuck rod id definitely be buying one or 2

robert d

Site Supporter
Thing is I’d only use them occasionally in the winter for long range feeder
Thats why i havent already gone for them ,the venues i fish dont need long chucks , like to fish Barston if i ever get a chance

chris1967

Site Supporter
That is a fair few quids worth !!!!
i tend not to spend too much on poles though bud ,i've still got the z8-2 which is like new and tend to you a margin pole most of the summer it keeps my cheeks dry from the tears of when i obliterate a section