Browning aggressor strongest link pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian White

Big E
Hi guys
My local tackle shop has this pole on offer of 599 ,I ve had a look round and it is that price in all the mags ,My qestion is has anyone used or have one and what do you think of it.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

MALC

Ian,

I had a play with 1 at the NEC when they were first released and IMO it felt way out of balance and heavy (but i'm only just over 8 stone so every thing feels heavy)[;)]

I believe it was 1 of these that Churt smashed on my match last year at Drayton and he was not giving it much stick at the time.[:(]

Best bet is to get it set up at your tackle shop and have a play.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
I have handled one and it is way too heavy, even at shorter distances! look for another pole!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What's reckoned to be the best weight for a pole ?

Might sound like a daft question but there are a lot of cheap poles around which could be too heavy to hold for any period of time [:)]

Dave

MALC

Don't ask a simple question then Dave [:D][:D]

IMHO they only way to find if a Pole is to heavy is to set it up sit on a box and have a play with it....Shipping in/out, trying it at various lengths.

Don't think anyone can say that a specific pole is to heavy or light for anyone as alot will depend on the way it's held, how you sit, how tall you are, how heavy you are (or in my case how LIGHT)[;)]

Good example is my Maver Fightback to fish at full stretch (14mtr) for 5 hours it kills my back due to my lack of weight yet i know others that have the same pole and are a few stone heavier than me and they can fish it at full stretch without any problems.

But saying that in the past i've played with heavy poles that due to the balance i could handle without any problem.

Don't think i've really answered the question but i know what i mean [;)][;)]

MALC

Ian White

Big E
O.K Then guys I got about 600 to spend any ideas for a new pole.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

Brian Mac

If you can stretch to 699.00 I would recommend the Medusa. A good 16 meter pole for the price, at 16 mtrs it is comfortable for up to 3 hours, but at 13 and at shorter lengths it is a dream of an all round pole. Spares are relitively cheap as well.

Brian

MALC

Ian as you've posted in a different thread that your going to the NEC i'd suggest you have a couple of hours in Pole Alley and have a good waggle with as many poles that you can in your price range.

I know Maver as well as others will have their new models on show and there should be a lot options from other manufacturers all within your price range.

MALC

TINY

Tiny
Take a good look at the new Maver J series,and the new Lercs that have come out.
As Malc says,there will be a massive choice,but dont rush into anything.Happy hunting!

Andy.

mrfish

I've a Trabucco Sc3 Carp, and it good to hold at 14.5 m, however i'm almost 13st, so it might help abit...lol.
Its balance is pretty good, you might wanna waggle one of these.

TINY

Tiny
I havnt been 13st since I was 14yrs old(big bugga).
Have you had a look at the Browning Black Magic range?Excellent pole and mega light.

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.