Brotherly match

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
After suggesting two cherubs go home during the past weeks junior session we suggested a match between the two lads Thursday night.
1:1 with my lad with one I with the other. First question " what do you want to catch? My cherub- tench. Yes paste! My lad got the answer -loads. Therefore maggot shalla.
To make it easier my lad and I fed the respective swims and the match time was one hr. The maggot swim burst into life and young Harley proceeded to hit one in every 5 bites, roach rudd and hybrids. Jack was with me and hitting one in ten bites but they were small tench and crucians. On the 50 minute mark Harley tried to swing in a 12 oz hybrid. Luckily my lad caught it in an outstretched net. At this moment Jack's float dipped and he struck eagerly. The elastic poured out and I encouraged him to pull the unseen monster from the lilly pads. After a short heavy battle an ide of two pounds popped up and into the net. Yeeeesssss! Rang across the pond as Jack exclaimed OMG its massive. Their dad was now with us and he watched the biggest fish he had seen landed and his other son swinging in little fish. It was close and the scales came out. First to weigh was Harley and his maggot fed net. 40 ish fish for 6lb 1oz. Then Jack with that monster. Total weight 7lb 14oz. Nobody cared, two lads are now truly hooked but more importantly they now know the basics and should not be so needy on a club session. A great way to spend an evening

scuttster

Site Supporter
After suggesting two cherubs go home during the past weeks junior session we suggested a match between the two lads Thursday night.
1:1 with my lad with one I with the other. First question " what do you want to catch? My cherub- tench. Yes paste! My lad got the answer -loads. Therefore maggot shalla.
To make it easier my lad and I fed the respective swims and the match time was one hr. The maggot swim burst into life and young Harley proceeded to hit one in every 5 bites, roach rudd and hybrids. Jack was with me and hitting one in ten bites but they were small tench and crucians. On the 50 minute mark Harley tried to swing in a 12 oz hybrid. Luckily my lad caught it in an outstretched net. At this moment Jack's float dipped and he struck eagerly. The elastic poured out and I encouraged him to pull the unseen monster from the lilly pads. After a short heavy battle an ide of two pounds popped up and into the net. Yeeeesssss! Rang across the pond as Jack exclaimed OMG its massive. Their dad was now with us and he watched the biggest fish he had seen landed and his other son swinging in little fish. It was close and the scales came out. First to weigh was Harley and his maggot fed net. 40 ish fish for 6lb 1oz. Then Jack with that monster. Total weight 7lb 14oz. Nobody cared, two lads are now truly hooked but more importantly they now know the basics and should not be so needy on a club session. A great way to spend an evening
Sounds like Jack & Harley are truly hooked after you reeled in their neediness! Good idea setting a spot of brotherly rivalry. It'll give the dad some great memories and stories on how they started their fishing careers.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Sounds like Jack & Harley are truly hooked after you reeled in their neediness! Good idea setting a spot of brotherly rivalry. It'll give the dad some great memories and stories on how they started their fishing careers.
Hope so mate. Dad was as excited as the kids