Brookside 14/4/07 (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Mowbray

Went to brookside again yesterday, arrived at the complex to see that the peg i wanted to go in was taken so after a look around i decided to fish a peg opposite to the island. My rigs were the same as the last few sessions, korda clay helicopter rig, 3oz korda sqaure lead, 15lb qryston quicksilver hooklink and a size 10 korda widegape barbless, bait was a chopped up monster crab boilie with a small p.v.a mesh bag of of matching boilies.The rig was positiond very tight to the island under the overhanging trees and bushes and within half an hour i had the first fish.

7lb 5oz
Datafile10.jpg

Not a massive fish but a nice common, i re-baited and put the rig in the same spot, 20 minutes later i had another screaming run and this mirror came into the net.

11lb 0oz
Datafile10.jpg

Then i had another run from the same spot, i hooked the fish and as it bolted off it snapped the hooklink, my fault really because i should have changed it after catching 2 fish on it, attached a new hooklink and put it back onto the spot against the island, a short while later i hooked into this common which gave a real good fight.

10lb 7oz
Datafile10.jpg

By this time i realised what a session this could be, catching 2 a session from the specimen lake at brookside is classed a good session as its a fairly difficult water to fish.
While trying to stalk a bigger fish out the margins, my alarm screamed again and i stuck into thin air, couldnt have been a line bite as i was using backleads so the fish must have spat it out before i made contact, after i rebaited an positioned it back to the island it went off again after a few minutes, the fish bolted straight into the trees and i thought i had lost it, after keeping constant pressure on it i finally got the fish out and had it in the net.

11lb 14oz
Datafile10.jpg

After the beautiful ghosite i had another run which after a hard scr*p my 5th fish was in the net.

9lb 8oz
Datafile10.jpg

After the 5th fish i had another take which i didnt make contact with and by this time the light was going and it was time to pack up and go home, what a brilliant session 5 fish, nobody else on the lake had a run. I'll be back next week to get a 20.[:D][8D]

Last edited:

stemlfc

Steve
Some cracking fish there mate, that ghostie is a pearl!
Hope you get that 20lber. thumbsup.gif

Jeff Mowbray

Cheers mate, the ghostie wasnt quite as nice as the two 20pound ghosties ive had from there tho [;)]

Last edited:

Ady

Formerly Adymon
That ghosty is a beauty! Mainly the back 3rd! Where is Brookside mate, im in Widnes!

Status
Not open for further replies.