Brolly Suggestions

TheFarr

I've had my brolly for over 15 years now and I think its finally time to upgrade. Can anyone recommend a good, light brolly with a tilt action at the top?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
How big? 45"?, 50"? bigger? Wrap around type? branded? zips at the back for pole? It's a minefield out there and quality doesn't come cheap.

TheFarr

I'd say around 50". Not too bothered about zips at the back or it being a wraparound. The one I've got is pretty standard with a tilt and some string lines to peg out. Really flippin heavy tho.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@TheFarr

You could do worse than this one of that size. See if it meets your needs (and budget). Free delivery.

From description..
A 50" black 210D match brolly with fully taped seams, (100% water proof) orange trim and tilt function. This also features a secondary position for the pole at the back of the umbrella which grants extra space and stability.

Nicky Dodds

When purchasing pay particular attention to the bell housing on the top if you plan on pegging it down with cord. Even some branded ones have flimsy plastic lugs with a split ring that snap in no time. They can also be broken from manhandling in the shop as well just by being stood upside down.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Best bit of advice would be no matter which brolly you buy think very seriously about ditching the flimsy pole that it will inevitably come with and buy a good solid centre pole, then make sure when you use it you peg it down securely. After that get one that has a good waterproof rating as some of the lightweight ones are only just about ok for a summer shower. I have a Daiwa mission brolly which is ok.... wouldn't say it is light weight but it is lighter than the old Daiwa That I had by quite a lot.....did buy a light weight one from Roger surgry for taking to outdoor events..... absolute rubbish....leaked like a sieve

TrickyD

Site Supporter
think very seriously about ditching the flimsy pole that it will inevitably come with and buy a good solid centre pole, then make sure when you use it you peg it down securely.
Agreed , I was recommended this pole (may have been on here)

My brolly must be 20 years old, "wavelock nubrolly?"one, heavy but not leaked yet.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve got a Maver brolly about 5 years old. The pole is solid 1” aluminium bar. It’s pretty indestructible.

SteveAmo

Have a look at the Nu-Fish lightweight brolly and you can get a reinforced brolly pole as well.

It’s got a tilt plus you can un-screw the pole and then reposition directly at a 45 degree angle.

Been pleased with mine

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The Drennan range of two seem very strong if a little heavy and a bit expensive but the Guru, PI and Matrix versions are lighter and still expensive.
The Daiwa glassfibe ribbed Brollys are lighter than most.