Brolly or no brolly

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
What’s everyone preference .. I got rid of mine a while ago and invested in waterproofs, got soaked a few times last season and it wasn’t pleasant .. which is making me think to again invest in a brolly 🧐

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
What’s everyone preference .. I got rid of mine a while ago and invested in waterproofs, got soaked a few times last season and it wasn’t pleasant .. which is making me think to again invest in a brolly 🧐
I dont mind a brolly pole fishing and not to windy ,but if feeder or waggler fishing i just suit up with either imax suit or preston df25 depending how cold it is

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got rid of mine years ago as awkward to fish with and just something else to carry. I just pick days with decent weather forecasts so even if it does rain it’s rarely for long or too heavy so my coat suffices.

robert d

Site Supporter
Got rid of mine years ago as awkward to fish with and just something else to carry. I just pick days with decent weather forecasts so even if it does rain it’s rarely for long or too heavy so my coat suffices.
I fish in downpoors match fishing so i have no choice ,il put it up to use pole but straight back down if the rods come out 😁

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I fish in downpoors match fishing so i have no choice ,il put it up to use pole but straight back down if the rods come out 😁
Having to fish in rubbish rather is another reason I don’t fish matches, some of the conditions I’ve seen our club fish in over the years make you question people’s sanity 😅 they’re tough sods for sure 👍🏻

robert d

Site Supporter
If I’m fishing the pole and the rain is coming straight down and it’s not windy I’ll use a brolly, if I’m feeder or waggler fishing I’ll use a bait brolly, if it’s really windy and chucking it down I’ll use a lidded side tray
I just use the octbox lidded side tray ,i do have a bait brolly to but cant remember last time i used it 😊

robert d

Site Supporter
Brolly for me every time - 50”. I don’t match fish so sitting in the wind & rain makes no sense to me. That’s why it’s called ‘pleasure fishing’.
I quite enjoy a brolly without rods ,nice sound the rain on the brolly as long as its not blowing to hard

robert d

Site Supporter
Having to fish in rubbish rather is another reason I don’t fish matches, some of the conditions I’ve seen our club fish in over the years make you question people’s sanity 😅 they’re tough sods for sure 👍🏻
Just put a coat on lol , i dont like my gear getting all wet but its something you have to put up with as a match fisherman . Hate putting it away wet.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I like the brollies where you can relocate the the pole to get more room. I also like the ones with pegging points on the a couple of struts as well as the usual ones. I always like to get the wind from the left so I can still cast & strike. Given I can choose my swim I can get the se up as I prefer. I currently use the Nufish Aqualok &, so far, have had no dramas in some real hoolies.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
One of my favourite aspects of fishing is sitting down, Brollies involve me getting off my seat box.. I don't get off my seat box... For nothing!

But no, unless I pull up and it's raining, The brolly probably stays in the holdall and I rely on my B&B's.