Broken pressure washer

rudd

Site Supporter
Last weekend halfway through washing the passion wagon my karcher k1 washer had a fit.
Water stopped spraying out, pump went into overdrive and sceeched loudly!!!!
Turned of using switch on machine - or rather tried, it would not switch off! Pulled plug out of socket.
The casing of machine was rather warm with a faint burning smell.
Finished car by hand and retried washer - same.
During week a quick look on you tube - a few videks suggested a blockage.
Stripped machine down this morning, no blockage but inlet value looked out of place.
Cleaned all o rings checked all bits and bobs tight and gave what looked like a pressure valve (very hard to get to) a few turns with long
nose pliers (bit of a gamble).
connected to hose (not plugged in) and water run through when trigger pulled on gun.
Switched to off, plugged in, turned on - silence, it did not do what it did last week!
Here we gol, switched on, pulled trigger, pump kicked in and a powerfull cloud of pressured wated filled the frosty morning air.
It seems more powerful than it was.

Makes me wonder how many electrical appliances get chucked away when all it takes is a little knowledge?
So far this year fixed the hoover, a bike light and the washer.
The week before last made a new gasget/rubber ring for leaking downstairs toilet as it was a Sunday and homebase had every type apart from one I needed - its nkw fixed.
Last year washing machine, hoover, lawn mower and a house socket.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Last weekend halfway through washing the passion wagon my karcher k1 washer had a fit.
Water stopped spraying out, pump went into overdrive and sceeched loudly!!!!
Turned of using switch on machine - or rather tried, it would not switch off! Pulled plug out of socket.
The casing of machine was rather warm with a faint burning smell.
Finished car by hand and retried washer - same.
During week a quick look on you tube - a few videks suggested a blockage.
Stripped machine down this morning, no blockage but inlet value looked out of place.
Cleaned all o rings checked all bits and bobs tight and gave what looked like a pressure valve (very hard to get to) a few turns with long
nose pliers (bit of a gamble).
connected to hose (not plugged in) and water run through when trigger pulled on gun.
Switched to off, plugged in, turned on - silence, it did not do what it did last week!
Here we gol, switched on, pulled trigger, pump kicked in and a powerfull cloud of pressured wated filled the frosty morning air.
It seems more powerful than it was.

Makes me wonder how many electrical appliances get chucked away when all it takes is a little knowledge?
So far this year fixed the hoover, a bike light and the washer.
The week before last made a new gasget/rubber ring for leaking downstairs toilet as it was a Sunday and homebase had every type apart from one I needed - its nkw fixed.
Last year washing machine, hoover, lawn mower and a house socket.
What's your number, got a few jobs need doing.

rudd

Site Supporter
What's your number, got a few jobs need doing.
Lol, in my real job my chargeable by hour rate is around £400.00 ?
The Firm gets that, I am salaried with benefits and expenses.

Now off for an hours walk, then to watch Daughters hockey, once back cook dinner then have some respooling to do and may start cleaning and fixing cork on rods this evening - or may go for a fish on beach?