Broken Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
A few weeks back I bought a Milo 7m "the winch" and found a crack in the bottom section. I took it back to Bas and they were happy to take it back and give me a better pole, maver muletto master. I think this pole is great but earlier on today I was fishing on a small pond catching a couple of small tench and a carp. When i hooked into another carp of no bigger than 2lb and about 9inch down the 2nd section(one at the end as i have a thick no14 laccy in) my pole snapped!!! Im sure this is not normal. What do you think could have caused this? The elastic was stretching out smoothly and it wasnt a big fish. Do you think this could be because of how BAS store and look after their poles that are in stock?
Thanks.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Matchlad

was it a clean break if it was there was a crack in the section and i would take it bak and y did they give u a better pole ?

rob

Tight Lines Bend Poles

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
You dont say what the replacement pole was that they gave you? Was it rated for 14,s elastic or did you over load it using such strong elastic?

chill out go fishing

joe1987

'Darwener'
It wasn't a clean break rob, really rough. And they gave me a Maver muletto master Rated to No.20's elastic because of the inconveeniance(i did have to pay a little extra but not the full price.)

Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
it sounds like something isnt quite right.I have only ever broken 2 sections of pole, on seperate occaisions.The first, my son trod on but 'forgot' to tell me,until a week later.
The second I was landing a Tench of about 3lbs. It came in really easily, in a matter of seconds.I broke the pole down to about 4 sections and lifted the pole, almost vertical above my head, prior to netting.At this time the fish was at my feet with the pole tip above and maybe even behind my head.Suddenly the fish shot off towards the bottom of the lake, with a new lease of life.The angle of the pole tip was all wrong & the top section of my pole snapped under the pressure. My own fault.
Take it back to the shop and see what they have to say about it.I cannot see how a 2lb Carp could do that to a pole if everything else was OK.
Best of luck
Cheers.

brady

yes take it back to the shop you bought it from if it was a fault with the pole they should replace it ...if it wasnt a fault with the pole just dont tell them

joe1987

'Darwener'
Thanks everyone. Ive emailed maver and they've said to send the section back to them through the post. Do I send it in the rod tube or something though? I dont want it to break in another place aswell! Or do the post office do tubes to send stuff in?

Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

joe1987

'Darwener'
Well today after school I took the pole back to BAS. They were implying that I had broke the pole, which I honestly did not. They rang maver and I spoke to them too, they apologised and got me another top 3. Great. The problem as I found out earlier was that there were a couple of deep scratches where the pole snapped. BAS said this was down to maver, maver said this was down to BAS!!! Thanks everyone for your input. **Joey-Mackeral**

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Glad to hear that you managed to get it sorted out Joe.[:)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.