Broke the number 1 rule - waggled a rod in a shop

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Mine always ends up buying me summat... I went in with her last week for a bit of bait and came out with an 8.5mt Edge Monster and 2 spare top kits on order... and a 13' Daiwa carp waggler😳
Was the edge split cane Aitch, with Tonkin top kits?:p

Total

Site Supporter
I wish...? I have a cane pole but its only 16'... I think the longest are only about 20' give or take
There are longer one's H.' I've cut them up to support the runner beans in the garden last year...:p;)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I have 3 tops for the cane one.... a lancewood one and 2 built cane... all use an elastic, but not a heavy one... I won't overstress it... it took me ages to find one and I'm not going to break it

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Trevor did exactly the same with the other 6 Normark's he had stored outback!....(y).....He had a tidy holiday that year....:ROFLMAO:
It must be the name that does it for me. I was waiting at Alders for a friend to arrive and @911 Trevor Price invited me to see the pole alley they had put together upstairs.
Fortunately my friend arrived before I got to the expensive poles and Trevor only managed to get me to buy a margin pole. :oops:

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I had a waggle with the Free Spirit 12ft Hi's waggler on Friday in Lanes. Lovely rod, bad decision.
Got one on order now, get it March. Luckily I have £200 voucher towards it of my kids for Christmas. 😁

Total

Site Supporter
I had a waggle with the Free Spirit 12ft Hi's waggler on Friday in Lanes. Lovely rod, bad decision.
Got one on order now, get it March. Luckily I have £200 voucher towards it of my kids for Christmas. 😁
How does it sit alongside the 12 foot three piece tournament Pro feeder rod you bought?:unsure:

The Hitman

Site Supporter
How does it sit alongside the 12 foot three piece tournament Pro feeder rod you bought?:unsure:
Different rod. It's a Carp pellet waggler rod. My club have a few bigger Carp ponds next year. The 12ft picks the line up better on the strike.
The 12ft Tourney is my go to Silver fish rod for 50-75 metres.
My 12ft Hi's power feeder. 75-100 metres.

Total

Site Supporter
Different rod. It's a Carp pellet waggler rod. My club have a few bigger Carp ponds next year. The 12ft picks the line up better on the strike.
The 12ft Tourney is my go to Silver fish rod for 50-75 metres.
My 12ft Hi's power feeder. 75-100 metres.
Sorry I didn't see the "Waggler" bit and of course it would be a different rod!:oops:.....You can now see what coaching the likes of our Zerkalo and Tipitinmick does to one....Bless 'em!;):p:ROFLMAO:

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
All of my kit is secondhand so this would be the first brand new item I will have bought (other than terminal tackle) in almost 2.5yrs of my fishing part 2 adventures and then I’d need a new reel to go with it

Very slippery slope but it is such a lovely rod :love:

Oh for Bennett’s of Sheffield :LOL:
Bennett of Sheffield where I bought tackle by paying monthly
used calcotts more though you could sit down in Bennetts to watch fishing videos and look in fish tank

bigdavewsf

I went with my mate a couple of years ago to Leigh Tackle and Bait.
He was going to buy an Inception seatbox ,he had seen mine and was buying one.
While we were there I pointed out that Map poles were on offer,.they were being discontinued ready for the new models.
He ended up buying the box, a pole, a spray bar I recommended, and a.few other bits.
He came out the top end of eight hundred quid lighter.
Me..... I bought a few packets of hooks.
His wife does not.like him going to tackle shops with me anymore 😂
ive walked into a tackle shop for a packet of hooks and came out with a seatbox...1000 pounds lighter in the wallet..hey ho...i wouldnt mind he still charged me for the hooks :p

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
You’d think I would know better - I’m not a youngster, I’ve been around the block a few times, I know the way it all works ……. and yet !!!

Popped into my local tackle shop just now to pick up some hooks for drop shotting & a bag of pellets and on walking to the checkout the fiends have moved their rod racks about :eek:

On the end of the rack were a handful of little light lure rods and the nearest to hand was a Korum Snapper So Solid 6’ thing of beauty - and before I realised what I was doing I did the unthinkable, picked it up and waggled it o_O

It was like holding air - I mean my Shimano is stupidly light at 7’ but this was incredible.

At £55 it’s not an earth shattering amount of cash for a rod (more than I can afford admittedly) but now I’m back in work and pining for it whilst looking at reviews and hoping (but not really) that it’s a bit rubbish and I’ve dodged a bullet - not a chance.

There really is no hope for me
Rule one of entering a rod shop, never ever löök at the rods! Rule two, never touch the rods, (bumping into them is acceptable)! Rule three of being in a rod shop is never to talk about it! Now practice that for a while! Next week, I'll be giving advice about what to do when entering a reel shop, but to give you a heads up, there are three rules! ;-)