Broke my Pb at whiteacres

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyK

I am definitely not a big carp angler but i do get a buzz out of catching the odd big fish, John wilson is a bit of a hero to me because he still manages to catch decent sized fish without having to use all the latest bite alarms etc just using float tactics in the traditional styles anyway 2 years ago my last visit to whiteacres in between pole fishing on the usual lakes i tried fishing in the margins on pats pool with a float and traditional baits like meat corn and bread with good results to the annoyance of the bivie boys who had been sat there all day and i had just turned up and hooked into a nice 16 lb Ghostie

Datafile11.jpg
and then the following afternoon(cos i couldnt keep away and had caught the big fish bug) a then personnel best 18 lb mirror

Datafile11.jpg

Anyway before i arrived for this visit i was definitely going to try out the specimen lakes again and i still havn't invested in the proper gear although i do have a unhooking mat and stopped off to buy a big net from argos on route due to my mate not lending me his this year because he was using it.
After getting bored with the usual couple of days catching fish up to 8lb on the pole etc i ventured back on to pats pool to try to repeat my previous visits exploits!.
On my first evening i landed a nice 17lb common but i was by myself so i only got a photo of it on the unhooking mat with my phone but non the less i was very happy .

The next day i did the family thing but managed to get out about 5.30 and decided to give Nelsons Lake a go
about 7 pm i hooked into a monster on float in the margin using a power wagler rod it took me 1 hour of fighting i managed to phone the other half to come down to take a photo and bring me a much needed can of lager during the fight

Datafile11.jpg

Anyway when i finaly landed it a passing couple verified the weight and it weighed a new personal best of 25lb

Datafile11.jpg

I was delighted as you can see
the following evening i had a nice 17lb common out of the same peg and managed to snap my new landing net pole too lifting the fish but it was worth it.
I was chuffed to win Carp of the week award for the nice mirror

Datafile11.jpg

All in all i had a great weeks fishing holiday due to some good fishing and brilliant weather (for once)and the family loved it too
Rich [:D]

RichyK

My action shot never worked out in that post this is me thinking i wish i had eaten more spinach

Datafile11.asp

polo1977

RichyK i was lucky enough to have a week's holiday at whiteacres last year,i walked around pats pool and was told by the bivie boys that its quite a hard water,i didnt fish it myself but after seeing the cracking fish youve caught i will definately give it a go this year,
congrats Mark

wagglebag

Well done, i not long had a pb carp, it feels good. i'm glad you had a 20+ that's my next hope :)

RichyK

RichyK i was lucky enough to have a week's holiday at whiteacres last year,i walked around pats pool and was told by the bivie boys that its quite a hard water,i didnt fish it myself but after seeing the cracking fish youve caught i will definately give it a go this year,
congrats Mark
I just think that the fish in these lakes must be getting used to the many carp methods that the big fish experts are using these days ,so why not give the old methods a go
and as you can see they still fool the fish
[:D]

RichyK

Well done, i not long had a pb carp, it feels good. i'm glad you had a 20+ that's my next hope :)

Yeah mate i was over the moon to break the 20lb barrier
still cant beleive it though

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
Fantastic report that mate, glad to see you don't need to buy all the latest hi tech gadgets to catch the big uns'.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
rich thats a brilliant read mate, ive been down to white acres the last 3 years and love the place, im going in 4 weeks time with some mates and already booked a week next year with the family.
ive never tried them lakes, always fish the match lakes but think i'll give the speci lake a go 1 night after seeing them pics

well done on pb

RichyK

rich thats a brilliant read mate, ive been down to white acres the last 3 years and love the place, im going in 4 weeks time with some mates and already booked a week next year with the family.
ive never tried them lakes, always fish the match lakes but think i'll give the speci lake a go 1 night after seeing them pics

well done on pb
Hope you have as good as time as i did Hopper
good luck
Cheers
Rich

piroflip

"John wilson is a bit of a hero to me because he still manages to catch decent sized fish without having to use all the latest bite alarms etc just using float tactics in the traditional styles"

Of course he does, that's because he fishes Lord Snooty's estate where the fish have never seen line or hook! Now I don't doubt that John is a very good all round angler but most of "Go Fishing" is pre-prepared and false and filmed on private estates to which the ordinary Joe has no access. Anyone could catch using large hooks, heavy line, and standard baits on those waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.