Broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
In January my NTL World connection fee goes up to 10 a month, so with the extra line I am renting that makes it 17.50 a month for 24/7 connection.

Today NTL Broadband services rang me, asked if I would like their service. Normal connection for existing customers 50 and 14.99 a month. On offer during December for a connection few of 25.00.

Dave you will enjoy this, cos as I told you at the welsh fish-In [:D]I have no real need of Broad band but am being connected next Monday. No connection fee and the first three months free. 14.99 monthly fee is cheaper than my dial up connection will be from January 1st. A result I think.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Spoken like a true Yorkshiremun Geoff [:D]

To be honest with the price that Ntl is offering and with free connection I wouldn't be too suprised if they didn't take a large chunk of other ISP's customers as well.
The offer is for free connection, free Ntl cable modem, wires, fitting etc, and 128 connection which is 2-3 times faster than a dial up and for 14.99 a month.
They have just extended the offer to reach out to BT and Sky customers - you don't need to take up Ntl's phone or TV packages either.
Various other offers may be available

(And no I'm not on commision [;)])

The only complaints that I have heard is that their installation support can be a little sloppy but thatis due to the excessive demands on their customer services due to new customer sign-ups.

So fasten your seatbelt Geoff and buckle down for a faster ride, lol

Dave

Last edited:

ray

geoff/dave, do you need cable to get it?

if every angler picked up one piece of rubbish every outing, the banks would be spotless???
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Beebs

Had NTL for a while and their customer service was appalling. Try to get through to Customer service and you can immediately write off at least 20 minutes (my quickest response) of your life, but more likely to be 3/4 of an hour. I cancelled my Direct Debit 'cos they never took the bill out on the day it was meant to go out, resulting in charges from my bank at 30 a pop.

I rang up to tell them I wanted to cancel my DD and the woman on the other end got so snotty that I had the audacity to pay my bill at MY convenience that my next call was to tell them to disconnect it. This was 6 months ago. The box is still in my place 'cos they haven't bothered to collect it.

Geoff - I hope they are a lot better in Morriston, 'cos around here, people a leaving them in droves.

Zinky

Grumpy
Just gone on to BT /freeserve broadband all seams ok.
Cost 28 ish.
Took longer than the 10 days to connect 14 in fact.
Phone probs "phone is faint" beleive it's the filters, so they have to be changed. Anyone else had probs.

"I blame Trogg for everthing"
Websites http://www.skrinkle.co.uk
http://www.anglingforums.co.uk
http://www.now4tackle.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:geoff/dave, do you need cable to get it?

You do need cable in your street Ray, butyou don't need to have the full blown package which was once the case ie-> TV, Phone & B/Band

Dave

ray

ta boss.

if every angler picked up one piece of rubbish every outing, the banks would be spotless???
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Amon NTL broadband and find it fast and OK. Went to upgrade to 600 from 128 this month but it doesn`t seem to download that much quicker and there is no way of knowing if I am still on 128 or 600. Tried to contact cust services . gave up after 1/2 hour...haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

MrsM

Hi
we had ntl for sky & extra phone line as they said it was FREE but when the bill came they had charged for the line and the calls made bu the engineer.Got rid of it post haste
we went over to broadband after we got free everything we had to pay the 80.00 for the equipment but in the first month we got a 90.00 credit so the first month it only cost is 14.99.
Had a few probs that where easily sorted out
Dragonbat have you tried to repair the disc on the modem disc is a function to repair when we first went over i couldn't dial up and they said it would take 2 days to sort out i got the disc out ran repair and hey presto sorted (it's worth a try if nothing else)

Maria

Moderating the MODS

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hayden ,
If you pass your cursor over your computer icon on the bottom bar it should tell you your connection speed in Kbps (Kilobytes per second)
It's 576.0Kbps for us on BT broadband [:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

jonesr

I have been reading this post with great interest.In Feb.2003.I will be moving into a new house.
I have had NTL in for a number of years,( A bit expensive!)But touch wood no real problems.I have Cable TV + 2 Phone lines.One of which is sole use on Computer/Fax.
I pay a Monthly D/D of 15.99 on AOL.24 Hr/Unlimited use.
Anyway the problem is.When moving I will only have BT connection. Question (1) Will I be advised to go completely BT i.e Broadband? and their own B/B or (2) should I go AOL Broadband?

Ron J.

Last edited:

MrsM

Jonesr
The choice will be yours but with a BT line the world is your oyster as you can go with any broadband service where as with NTL you would be limited because of the cable connection when you move in and get settle look as site isp review as they will tell you which one is the best
We only had BT because we have had no problems with them and we got a good deal.With BT anytime going over to the 150hour limit soon have a good look around as i hear freeserve are pretty good
Hope ive helped

Maria

Moderating the MODS

jonesr

Thanks MrsM.This makes things easier to understand.Only had Sky for a while,when C/Wireless arrived it was a good deal.(no losing channel signals etc.)And reasonable! How things change!Not so happy with NTL.Thanks again MrsM

RonJ

Last edited:
G

Freeserve have a special offer on at the moment.
84.99 conection, for a limited period, then 27.99 per month there after, this is rated to be 10 times faster

catch me if u can
Andy,

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
If anyone is interested in the ISP site Maria mentioned,you can find it here.......... http://www.ispreview.co.uk

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

jonesr

Peter. Thank you for the Web Address.With that and Maria and Tomas input it has made things a lot clearer.

Ron J

Last edited:

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet Ray
http://www.ntlhome.com/If You Want to know if YouCan Get NTL have a look on their web site

Stu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.