British Waterways

Status
Not open for further replies.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I have just visited there website
http://www.britishwaterways.co.uk
and saw the free permits for cyclists. It seems that only anglers and boaters have to pay for the privelidge of using the canals.
There making it to easy for us to be hounded by them.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.jpg

Chopper

I signed a petition at the weekend to try and stop a proposed cycle route that will go along the calder and hebble canal through Wakefield/Thornhill/Dewsbury and all the way up to the Rochdale canal.

Bikes are allready a big problem on the canal, poles broken regular, they don't seem to understand how much our poles are worth when they start 'bunny hopping' them and trying to climb over them, some won't wait while you have shipped back out again after unhooking a fish/re baiting, they try and get over/under it. Really pishes me off.

At the end of the day, we pay to use the canal, money goes towards the up keep, banks etc. They pay **** all!!!!!!

Anyway, rant over [:(!]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

[/img]

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lee

Unless its been changed the cycle "permit" was bright orange & had to be displayed on the cycle whilst it was being used on the towpath, if you see any cyclist using a towpath without the permit displayed then you have a right to stop them & ask to see it, if they don't have one they are in essance breaking the law.

So if an unlicenced cyclist breaks any of your tackle (especially garden gnome kit) you have an even better reason to sue them [:D]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Status
Not open for further replies.