British Film for Pompous git

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've mentioned before that I don't watch many British Film Noirs. This ain't so much a Noir as a British Crime Thriller. I mention @Pompous git as he is one of the only good men on here that has shown interest in this kind of film. I'm watching this tonight and it has me on the edge of my seat. It's directed by a Hitchcock (and Carol Reed) writer, Sidney Gilliat, and could be a film directed by Hitch himself.

Have you seen it @Pompous git? Or anyone else?

Any recommendations for me?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Cheers me dear, I will get it on to a USB and watch it at my leisure.

Recommendations? Not without repeating myself, some of the old stuff I have recorded of late have been dire and deleted after
ten minutes or so.

One of my grandsons {eight} found me watching `the adventures of Robin Hood` from the fifties. He likes it as well now, this series
is so naff it`s impossible not to like and it has the best signature tune in TV history:)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I have often watched the same stuff many times, not quite film noir but `carry on cowboy` is a perfect example. So many cameos
it`s hard to pick out a favourite scene. People may scoff but this is a very clever and underrated film.

Phobe me duck, your our official google expert. I wanted to recommend a British black and white drama but can`t remember the
name. It featured the lovely Jean Kent who played the same person with different personalities and Harry Tawb as a shopkeeper
who lived opposite her. If you {or anyone else} can help then please do but don`t give away the ending.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Cheers me dear, I will get it on to a USB and watch it at my leisure.

Recommendations? Not without repeating myself, some of the old stuff I have recorded of late have been dire and deleted after
ten minutes or so.

One of my grandsons {eight} found me watching `the adventures of Robin Hood` from the fifties. He likes it as well now, this series
is so naff it`s impossible not to like and it has the best signature tune in TV history:)
Is that the one with Richard Green. The signature tune used to be played at the start of forest matches, dont know if it still is, the last time I went, Peter Grummit was in goal.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Yep that`s the bloke. Interesting man Mr Greene, he wanted to join the army to do his bit in WW2 but he insisted he joined as
an officer. The Canadian`s wouldn`t let him so he came to England and signed up, armour I believe.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm going to start watching British Film Noir now I've exhausted watching American ones. This is the best so far along with Hell Drivers, The Upturned Glass, and 36 Hours.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Is that the one with Richard Green. The signature tune used to be played at the start of forest matches, dont know if it still is, the last time I went, Peter Grummit was in goal.
If Grommit was in goal, where was Wallace ?