British Armed Forces 1st Imam on the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookit

Account Locked
Imam Asim Hafiz was appointed Muslim chaplain to the British armed forces in November 2005. In his first full interview since taking up the role, he speaks to the BBC about his work.
Since his appointment, Imam Hafiz has kept a low profile as he provides "spiritual and pastoral" support to 340 serving British Muslims.

Please click on the link and hear what he has to say. It is time we heard more from good Muslims and he gets thumbs up from me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6600000/newsid_6606700/6606775.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm

midge99

Thats tow muslims I now trust, the other is my Doctor, she is a star

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by midge99

Thats tow muslims I now trust, the other is my Doctor, she is a star
How about those who are serving in our armed forces?

midge99

Never met them and so I can't comment, but they do have my repect

Don

Good and bad in all races and all religions be they Muslim (pbut) Christian, Jews, Catholic.

I still think that "disaffected youths" should be shipped out to a country that shares their ideals and by doing so they will become both happy and no longer disaffected.

john83

Account Locked
how come you dont trust muslim people mate? you dont buy into all that zionist propaganda in the media do you? don's spot on, wouldnt say you can judge a persons trust on their religious beliefs.

mouse77

I've got a few Sikh friends and they hate Muslims, they are the most racist people i know.

Last edited:

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Originally posted by mouse77

I've got a few Sikh friends and they hate Muslims, they are the most racist people i know.

They should go and see there doctor Mouse if
they are not very well,
to many curries no doubt. [:D] [:D]

Harry.

Benji

Account Locked
This always makes me chuckle, virtually every religion has a commandment that says dont kill each other its very naughty, but the armed forces employ priests, and thats without the nutters waging a holy war. Why dont they read there handbook on their chosen belief and take notice of it. Just futher proves to belief in a religion, you really are a sheep. Havent got time for it. Perhaps if these holy texts got straight to the point, without the history lesson they might get on a little better. Just take Noah in the bible cracking little story, everyone knows two animals of each species, built this boat himself at home, and still no mention of global warming.

Beerofund

I have served with a Muslim in the armed forces. He was a hard working bloke, didn't smoke or drink (hence he drove a 25K+ BMW LOL)- he served in the Gulf as well so he gets my respect.......and his wife made fabulous curries (without dog **** in!) which he used to bring in!!! Yummy!

gibby

Good and bad everywhere irrespective of race or faith. I used to live in a multi-ethnic area in south london and my next door neighbours were Muslims. Kept their heads down, but were friendly enough, worked hard, bothered nobody and the kids were well behaved. The hassle I (and others) had in the street was from a (white) pikey family living opposite. Mum and dad on the dole, (but seemed to have plenty of money for fags, booze, a decent motor and to host noisy, drunken parties). Politely ask them keep the noise down and your were told to F off.

Status
Not open for further replies.