Brilliant

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The law is very clear on it, you can legally remove wheel clamps so long as you don't cause any damage!

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
The basic question is: "why was the vehicle clamped in the first place"? There's a story we're not being told here.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The basic question is: "why was the vehicle clamped in the first place"? There's a story we're not being told here.

It's what bailiffs do now mate, if you owe money one of the first things they do is clamp any vehicles on your driveway, if you don't pay or make a financial agreement they check to make sure there isn't any finance on the vehicle{s} and they tow them away to sell them.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Still can't get the flipping video to open,
dont know how to do it

crackatoa

Site Supporter
It's what bailiffs do now mate, if you owe money one of the first things they do is clamp any vehicles on your driveway, if you don't pay or make a financial agreement they check to make sure there isn't any finance on the vehicle{s} and they tow them away to sell them.
Surely if it's on your car, on your land you can do what you want with it

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
They can only tow a vehicle owned by the person who owes the debt/parking fine.

And the video is 4 years old or over

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They cannot claim possession of any goods in lieu of debt without a court order

Last edited:

RedhillPhil

Site Supporter
They can only tow a vehicle owned by the person who owes the debt/parking fine.

And the video is 4 years old or over
...and the vehicle has to be wholly owned, not on finance - unless of course it's the finance company reclaiming it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
They cannot claim possession of any goods in lieu of debt without a court order

What a lot of the debt collection agencies do is issue court orders and warrants through a bulk mailing centre attached to Northampton county court. They do not give power to enter properties without the owners consent.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
...and the vehicle has to be wholly owned, not on finance - unless of course it's the finance company reclaiming it.

I guess you missed the last bit of my post mate?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What does seem.popular is the young people of today don't seem too worried about getting themselves into debt. If they want it they just go buy it. Ive never been like that. I like to sleep at night. I must be old fashioned but, if I want something I simply wait until Ive saved up enough. Bank of Mum and Dad can only go so far.

RedhillPhil

Site Supporter
What does seem popular is that the young people of today don't seem too worried about getting themselves into debt. If they want it they just go and buy it on credit. I've never been like that. I like to sleep at night. I must be old fashioned but, if I want something I simply wait until I've saved up enough. Bank of Mum and Dad can only go so far.

There's a huge wad of videos on YouTube showing various people having battles with bailiffs. These people don't seem to realise that if you don't pay your bills someone will get tetchy. It's all part of the entitled generation.
I'm also from the "if you want it save up and get it" generation. The only thing that I ever had on the never-never was my house.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
There's a huge wad of videos on YouTube showing various people having battles with bailiffs. These people don't seem to realise that if you don't pay your bills someone will get tetchy. It's all part of the entitled generation.
I'm also from the "if you want it save up and get it" generation. The only thing that I ever had on the never-never was my house.
Getting into debt does'nt seem to bother the young folk one bit does it Phil ? Funnily enough these young folk have probably got a better credit rating than I have as no one knows about me. Apart from a mortgage that ended 8 years ago Ive never had a loan. Ive made do and mended all my life.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
When I was a lad you bought a beat up old motor and fettled it till it worked and ran it into the ground and did it again... nowadays the kids go and get a flashola motor on an exorbitant PCP deal and never own the car