bridgewater canal pike

Status
Not open for further replies.

HALTON DANGLER

hi all,

with the rivers still closed all this static stillwater fishing is driving me mad and i fancy doing some lure fishing on the bridgewater, now i have fished the runcorn old town stretch for years for pike but no longer hold a halton anglers licence i was just wondering if the pike fishing is as good on the stretch before lymm where the road goes alongside the canal on the WAA stretch. is there pike there in many numbers as there is around the runcorn stretch.

just dont want to waste a afternoon pike fishing an area if stocks of them are low.

thanks in advance.

Ivan heaphurst

I have had Jacks from around the Lymm area. Star Lane to be exact, there is a car park by the canal.

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
I live on sealane(Runcorn) by bates's bridge where the match draws used to be carried out.
The area from Bates's bridge towards Astmoor hold a lot of pike.
I speak to the ballif on a regular basis and have been led to believe Halton anglers(who run the Runcorn to Warrington stretches)are concidering doing day tickets.might be worth a phone call.
We fish the canal and pay a pound a peg for our matches,not all the lads hold fishing lisences for the canal and Halton Anglers allow them to fish it.
Hope this helps
Worker 1 (Colin)

HALTON DANGLER

cheers colin i live in the old town behind the old linnetts football club and have fished the bridgewater for years and remember the good old days when it had some really big carp in there. i have held a halton licence up to the end of last season and you are right there are loads of pike on the halton stretch a long walk with the dog on a clear day and you can see them in the side. i will look into the day ticket option as the main reason i didnt buy the halton one this year was i started river fishing last year and i know i wont be spending too much time on the briddy, certainly not enough to warrant buyiong the licence.

p.s good to see a consistant baliff on there as well long overdue!!!!

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Harry,
Andy Cartlidge(slim dark haired lad around 30ish) is the balliff see him a lot in the fishing shop in the old town, have a chat to him he's a nice lad.
I have a canal lisense for the runcorn and one for Warrington part of the canal.(big rip off it is the same canal)
It would be great if we could get rid of the bikes on the tow path,I don't mind the barges tho'.
Colin

farrellwire

hi mate.why don't you have a go down at the 'fidlers ferry' end in WARRINGTON near to the 'ferry tavern'.It's free fishing there & it's stuffed with pike.[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.