Bricky silvers match 7 26/01/19

bricky72

Site Supporter
Today’s match seen return to the prolific nanny res which holds some fantastic roach/ skimmers as most folk that fish this venue are after the carp in this res
After meeting at Toby carvey for breakfast for some of the 14 that turned up

Talk on bank was be hard today but knowing the potential of big nets of fish know one knew if high numbers or low were the choice so of everyone set to there pegs after the draw fishing 10-30 till 3-30
With some anglers setting poles up some just feeder and some with waggler rods so was going to be interesting to see who / what method would catch after a hour we could see other bank no fish landed and word was same on our bank ( no one out of 14 had a bite ) 2nd hour exactly same as 1st 3rd hour lucky Charlie had a perch on far bank and Ian had 2 roach on our bank( he loves this place ) Will had a skimmer on far bank and there was Dave and Paul on our bank having chewed maggots but not seeing bites 4th hour I’d decided to finish match half hour early so could get weigh in done while still light and there was no objections lol
Hour 5 seen graham going for walk and come back to peg to catch 2 roach on feeder and Charlie’s dad snare a perch the rest were biteless

So on our bank we had to do draw for who came second in section so we draw a number and lowest won which was me ( after run draws and my luck at min was pleasantly surprised) until Jake said my round in pub

This was worst match since inception of league in 2016 with 5 out of 14 weighing in and another 3 admitting to having had bites

Then the usual rubbish venue not coming here again book something else for last match here etc starts and makes you wonder why do I bother

Sorry I didn’t take no pictures of the winners today as don’t think would got all fish caught in focus

IanG1

Site Supporter
I reckon most places will be rock hard this weekend after the recent weather. I walked the bank of a winter league practise on Erewash Canal yesterday looking for a few clues. 30 good anglers sat and just waiting for a bite with a few giving up before the end. Bonus Perch on worm won the day silver fish where few and far between even on Bloodworm. Don't chuck the towel in Dave, I'm hoping to fish your league next winter.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
I reckon most places will be rock hard this weekend after the recent weather. I walked the bank of a winter league practise on Erewash Canal yesterday looking for a few clues. 30 good anglers sat and just waiting for a bite with a few giving up before the end. Bonus Perch on worm won the day silver fish where few and far between even on Bloodworm. Don't chuck the towel in Dave, I'm hoping to fish your league next winter.

Don’t worry about the league it will still be here.....or the police find out about the “missing streetwalkers”