Bricky silvers league 16/03/19 Last match / final payouts

bricky72

Site Supporter
Today’s match seen us fish Robinwood fishiery at Swarkestone for the very 1st time in this years league
It greeted with a gusty wind that would effect most of anglers thoughtout the day and rain kept of till packing up
We had 12 hardy souls fish this final round so we put 6 on each bank and as the final 4 positions were very close leading up to this match it was anyone of 7 that could get into top 5 which made it very interesting

So here are 3 out of 4 of the 1st and 2nd in sections catch reports

There are no catch pictures as was throwing it down with rain and there was a pint and meal awaiting at pub

Peg 6 Dave Lewis 13lb 10oz all caught at 6 meters on caster this consisted of roach skimmers and small chub

Peg 48 Charlie ( meerkat) gooch. 12 lb caught at 5 meters over groundbait fishing maggot and two barbel on a topkit down the edge rest of his weight was small roach and gudgeon

Peg 40 graham Elliot 8lb 12oz Started of at 5 meters on maggot but just getting small fish and a switch to waggler started to catch better fish with caster

So top 5 were as follows

1st Paul greensmith 7. Points. 155lb
2 Charlie gooch. 10 points. 101lb 4oz
3 Steve kirtons. 12. Points. 117lbs 13 oz
4 graham Elliot. 12 points. 106 lbs 9oz
5 Dave Lewis. 12 points. 98lbs

Biggest weight was 30lb 10oz by Paul greensmith
Over the course of this series there as been 14 weights of 20lbs plus which is good fishing in winter on a variety of venues with total weight of 1257 lbs of silver fish caught over the ten matches

Which includes one match were out of 14 4 caught fish and biggest weight that day was 8oz
On most matches we had 14 turn up out of 18
One fished one match another fished two matches which is match organiser nightmare as we turned people away as was full and then to get let down and not reply to text etc just makes job even harder

Also few think it’s ok to let you know as near day of match if attending or not like I’ve noth better to do than sit sorting pegs sections pools out

Sorry for rant but it really does wind me up

Poor old 90s gear fished two matches at start did ok and then injuries his back this is what bricky’s silvers league does to people ( hopefully he be fit enough to fish next year well this year now )

Just a couple of well dones one to Adey gooch ( Charlie’s dad ) who not fished a match or done much fishing in last few years and did ok overall
And also my little turd ( Jake the snake) who normally packs his fishing stuff away in September till May but fished for silvers for 1st time and was just out of money ( to many holidays and his birthday cost him lol )

Also to a new member of league this all way from sunny Walsall 13sparky who fished every match and was a valuable member of the league and another one who hopefully enjoyed himself and will try again when new league starts

So this is last report on the 2018/19 league from a organiser point of view it’s been interesting as we not fished all ten matches at Rycroft so was bit of unknown going into matches but must say the changes to venues I think helped the league be more competitive which it proved as till last match there was 4 places up for grabs with 7 people vying for them

My series went downhill after 1st match and towards the end I was just going though motions but always next time

So hopefully next year league will be as competitive but also keep the laughs and banter as to me that fishing not this serious no talking no laughing malarkey

Thanks to everyone that took part and hopefully see some old and new faces in Oct 2019

Thanks

Attachments

• 2AC747FC-90C9-45DA-A0F2-10ED1505F404.jpeg
    2AC747FC-90C9-45DA-A0F2-10ED1505F404.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2F304740-134C-44FF-8746-5969E00EAA4C.jpeg
    2F304740-134C-44FF-8746-5969E00EAA4C.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 9

Total

Site Supporter
Good report. Looks like a well run series of matches. (y).......You're entitled to the odd rant, it's a match organisers prerogative. (y):giggle:

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Thanks again Bricky ?? First and foremost we always have a great laugh !Well done to all, sparky13 especially as he put in a set of very good weights and consistent results on waters he’s not familiar with just missed the final pay out

90sGear

Site Supporter
Nice write up mate and thanks again for running it, its very much appreciated. Great bunch of lads and health permitting I will certainly be down for the next series especially as I now own some rather large floats and solid laccys!

bricky72

Site Supporter
Cheers curts
Well done on your 3rd place
And yes for a foreigner lol sparky did well
Thanks again Bricky ?? First and foremost we always have a great laugh !Well done to all, sparky13 especially as he put in a set of very good weights and consistent results on waters he’s not familiar with just missed the final pay out

bricky72

Site Supporter
Good report. Looks like a well run series of matches. (y).......You're entitled to the odd rant, it's a match organisers prerogative. (y):giggle:
If do say so myself it’s well run lol
And thanks for support over rant

ianc21

Sorry I missed some matches, Grandad duties, but I would personally like to thank Dave for giving me the opportunity to take part i n a fun, fantastic 'wacky' winter league. Thanks Dave, I will be back for more.
regards
Ianc.

bricky72

Site Supporter
Sorry I missed some matches, Grandad duties, but I would personally like to thank Dave for giving me the opportunity to take part i n a fun, fantastic 'wacky' winter league. Thanks Dave, I will be back for more.
regards
Ianc.
No worries Ian glad you enjoyed it
wish I’d done more grandad duties lol