Bricky’s silvers round 2 03/11/18 nanny res

bricky72

Site Supporter
Today we had 13 turn due to holidays and river fest final
So the 13 who fished were met with a southerly wind and most anticipating a good match with decent weights as the quality of the roach in here are fantastic and you can do 40lb of them in 5 hours
So on to draw after a good breakfast and usual banter at breakfast we got to nanny and most wanted the right hand bank with wind over backs but as with fishing this proved worse bank at end of day the bank on left with wind at start in face was best bank at the end and wind changing and swirling at times made pole presentation hard as graham found on next peg to me as he hung to to his pole while it blew with wind into my peg ( then beat me by 2 oz dodgy scalesamn)
On to match and from start 13sparky on right hand bank started to catch on feeder at 15 meters and everyone else on this bank was slow to catch on opposite bank everyone on pole about from Curts who was still measuring his distance out with his special distance sticks which made few of us giggle (had said to give everyone head start he was taking his time to measure out his distance )
Paul Greensmith was catching from of on left bank on pole at 13 and alternating with 8 meter whip to eventually win match with 21lb of roach and skimmers
2nd was Curts who fished feeder at 15 and 35 meters with pinkie in groundbait feeder with 12lb 10oz mainly roach
3rd Daniel son with 12lb 5oz of pole and feeder caught roach and odd skimmer
4th 90s gear with 11lb 14oz again pole feeder

All the above were on left hand bank
The best weight on right hand bank was Ian c with 9lb 15 oz of roach skimmers who fished feeder at 45 meters with maggot in groundbait feeder

Few pictures below and weigh sheets F14939B6-93C0-493D-85B4-678AF5F4DECE.jpeg AAE5C2BC-66B6-4CF5-9A23-3855E118B620.jpeg 90020EE9-97F4-4896-B7B2-0ABBB289E369.jpeg
So on to next match in fortnight at another new venue for us at bjs

See you soon

Last edited:

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
It's always nice to see no DNW's in a Winter League, thanks for the write-up and well done to all, :wave:

p.s. Keep your eye on that man in photo 2, he seems to weigh in twice. :giggle:

bricky72

Site Supporter
It's always nice to see no DNW's in a Winter League, thanks for the write-up and well done to all, :wave:

p.s. Keep your eye on that man in photo 2, he seems to weigh in twice. :giggle:
Edit it now only once

Early days so I’m sure there could be some dnw