Bream trip to Norfolk

hello everyone , I am going to oulton broad fishing for bream and have a spare place if anyone is interested in joining me dates are 15th to the 22nd of June 2019 , I have been before and large bags are expected
I will be making my access from my boat and bivvying up on the bank ,( there are showers at the marina end of the broad ) and I will be fishing at the top end of oulton dyke
I will be leaving Burnley on the 15th of June so I could offer transport and pick up anywhere along the route
once I have paid my boat licence fee I will launch and get set-up ready for the 16th
contact me by PM if you are interested
regards John

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Welcome to the site John and what a great offer, enjoy it mate hope ya catch a bag load (y)(y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Not fished Oulton Broads for nearly 30 years ..and was bagging up even then. Have a great trip and enjoy. :upthumb:

Not fished Oulton Broads for nearly 30 years ..and was bagging up even then. Have a great trip and enjoy. :upthumb:
the quantity of fish is unreal but they only switch on late evening and night time and I use at least three keepnets , the fish only run to about 5lbs but its one after another all night and huge bags are the norm

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Weird that they only feed at night we have been going to Wroxham for 3 years and never had a bream over a pound.

Everhopeful

That’s because you probably haven’t fished at night!
Fished the broads for 40 years, certain places/days will produce great bags, lots of boat traffic they seem to hide away in the mud etc, you can sit all day and get the odd ones, mainly skimmers, come 7/8 ish the bigger ones appear, same as mornings, boats start 8/9 and they disappear again.
Having said that after the boats stop many many swims will produce 100lb plus, it’s not very sociable but if you want to catch bream 3/6 lb it’s as good as Holland and lreland any day, sorry night!

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
It's just so strange as in Holland we have massive boats coming past.
Our September trip is a bit of a social so no early mornings and we have a few beers at night.

Everhopeful

It's just so strange as in Holland we have massive boats coming past.
Our September trip is a bit of a social so no early mornings and we have a few beers at night.
Maybe it’s the frequency, depth and size of river, we have to change tactics and drink by day fish by night!
Going to Wroxham this pm fishing till Tuesday rarely start before 4/5.
Tried for years during the day, and found catch more in 5 hours pm than 12 hours during day, that’s a lot of wasted drinking time!
Let me know if you’re coming down maybe able to help!

PAB

Site Supporter
hello everyone , I am going to oulton broad fishing for bream and have a spare place if anyone is interested in joining me dates are 15th to the 22nd of June 2019 , I have been before and large bags are expected
I will be making my access from my boat and bivvying up on the bank ,( there are showers at the marina end of the broad ) and I will be fishing at the top end of oulton dyke
I will be leaving Burnley on the 15th of June so I could offer transport and pick up anywhere along the route
once I have paid my boat licence fee I will launch and get set-up ready for the 16th
contact me by PM if you are interested
regards John
good luck I live at Oulton Broad and am away that week hope you have some good weather if you need bait or tackle Lee's on the quay side (thatched hut) at Oulton Broad is your best bet you can moor up out side and is the place Anglers use rather than the places just holiday makers go in the village.

PAB

Site Supporter
be aware that there is speedboat racing on the Broad most Thursday evenings until 8-9 oclock.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
I live right next to it and have fished it for 60 years
Is there anywhere we can catch the better fish in the day? We tend to fish at Bennet's cold harbour and the one opposite the pub and the section on the private estate. Loads of fish but all small.

PAB

Site Supporter
Is there anywhere we can catch the better fish in the day? We tend to fish at Bennet's cold harbour and the one opposite the pub and the section on the private estate. Loads of fish but all small.
Most areas only produce the larger fish after dusk with the odd 3-5Lb bream during the day the river Waveney is like most in the area now plagued by Otters and in some areas it is not advisable to use keepnets as they will get ripped I have had Otters come out of the water and snarl at me on a couple of occasions. the local club match's are being won with 25-30Lb so no great weights with only a few with weights over 10Lbs I think it is the river Thurne that you are fishing not the Waveney.