Bream on Canals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
The canal I normally fish has hardly any(if any)Bream in it. However I am thinking about fishing a canal which does have quite a large amount of Bream in it(so I have been told)What are your top tips for Bream from a canal?

Chopper

I am assuming you are a pole angler?

Plumb up the depth and fish just at the bottom of the far ledge just as it starts going up, cup in about 150ml of chopped worm, about 30 casters and 10 red maggots.

1 rig will probably do, 0.10mm hooklength to a size 18 hook and a number 6 elastic, my preference would be a colmic 957 for the hook, stronger and not as springy as a kamasan B511 but not as beefy as a B5611. On the hook I would use a caster, half a dendrobena or double red maggot.

Don't regularly loose feed on top of their heads, if you start to catch a few, cup in the same again after every 5 or six bites.

Hope this helps.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Team 2003 NFA North East Region Champions.
Team 2003 Embassy Division 1 National 12th......bad draw!!
Team 2003 Sensas Challenge Finalists.
Individual 2002/03 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Team 2001 Embassy Division 1 National Champions.

www.colmic.com

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Hello Rob I fish canals alot,For bream I mix Sensas Lake 3000 and super 3000 Bream, "mix half & half" with liquid malasas and the juice from sweetcorn add water till you can squeeze it and it crumbles in you're hands, Works great getting bream feeding,
you can add corn to it and "pinkies if you wanted"

I like fishing just of middle water for bream lay on about 8inches
and setup you're float for lift bites.

Hook bait use either corn or corn and red worm, or worm on it's own, Worm and pinkie works fine too, Try it mate and reep you're rewards Never fails for me. Dont tell anyone else I told you my secrite [;)]

Tight Lines

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Status
Not open for further replies.