Bream in Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

goach

Can anyone tell me the best place to try for Bream in Nottingham.I want to fish somewhere where the fish respond well to heavy baiting.I have been told to try the A1 pits near Newark and was wondering what your views on this fishery are.
Thanks

The Big Fella

Hi,

You could always try Attenborough Gravel pits there are a lot of bream in there but as always location is the key.

The best areas we have found are either the railway bank of the day ticket pit, or the trent bank.

There are lots of other pits there but many of them i believe are on a season ticket.

Then there is Holme Pierpoint rowing course, you would need to check there is not a regatta on and the place to head for is the side with the hump and fish around there as there are Bream to be had there.

Someone said it was a bit weedy in some pegs.

All in all there are not that many places that you can still fish for Bream traditionally in the Midlands let alone Nottingham.

I went yesterday to Kingsbury and had 3 slabs for 17lbs 8ozs but it didnt fish well at all even on good pegs and previously up until a fortnight ago it had been.

Hope it helps. [:D][;)]

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
I would ring the bailiff on the a1 pits - and see their website.

I understand that 1 or several lakes where drained and many bream removed some years ago.

Contact no, ( I hope it is right is) 01636 612108

otherwiase I'm not a bream fisherman

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Sutton Lawn Dam fishing its nuts off, just yesterday local angler Hadge Miller had 24 Bream to 4lb, and 5 Tench to 5lb all on method feeder, 50lb bags are common most days, but mid-week best time as week-ends get a bit busy.

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
get yourself up to sutton lawn dam the bream in there seem to love there grub

carpking

still very consistant now its warmer still 50lb nets are commom from almost any peg on the dam wall

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
River Trent on Victoria Embankment (free fishing) in Nottingham has big shoals of big bream - opposite the blue barge/flats is the local hotspot.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Butterley resevoir is the best place for a good net of bream in notts / derbys.

big water, lots of slabs from 2-8lb - feeder at 30/40 yards

if you need anymore mate give me a shout.

goach

thanks ever so much 4 the replies
hope i can return some info on other questions asked

ROBROFAA

Hi there is some really big bream in belvior castle in the second lake going up to 8lb and if you just want to catch bream take a trip up to codnor park its full of them they have open matches on wednesdays and sundays.

plug

hi guys any directions 2 get 2 suuton lawn dam ican feel aday out comming

peteblade

Goach, lake 4 on the A1 pits is where the big bream are. They average 9-10lb with the odd huge fish but its a summer venue and it can be very hard to get on in the summer weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.