Bream hookbait

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
So I'm tying myself some hair rigs to 0.11mm line (couldn't find pre tied hair rigs to that diameter line - only heavy stuff available) and thinking about what pellets/boilies I'm going to use for them. Thinking about using Sonubaits Oozing Pellets. Any favourite pellets or boilies for Bream or suggestions for other hookbait? Will be putting coppens through the feeder with the groundbait.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Soft hookers should be O.K. The tail end of a worm tipped with red maggot, What size hook?

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Have personally caught the majority of my Bream on red maggot but have had plenty of soft pellets as well and more than the occasional one on corn and meat.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I was thinking about hook size quite a bit and have gone for some 12s and some 14s.

I said the other day I thought 12s were too big for Bream but I don't think so in B911 now I've tried it against some Sonubaits Barbel pellets I tried the other day. I don't want to use the Barbel pellets for Bream. Tied the hair rigs as I have some floating pellets already.

Previously caught at this venue on maggot (I always buy mixed) and worm.

Going to see what soft hook pellets are about maybe.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Sonubaits, Dynamite Baits (my favourite), Drennan..the choice goes on.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
At the moment I'm thinking go with the hair rigs and Sonubaits Oozing pellets and some nice white choc 10mm or so boilies. Not sure about the fruity flavours for Bream.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I was using 16s with worm and maggot. Just want to fish it a different way this time. Might sound a bit dodgy feeder fishing for bream with big pellets and boilies but apparently that's what's been winning matches. Imagine it will sort out the bigger fish quickly.

Going to tackle shop tomorrow to prepare so will see what I end up with.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Worms are deadly. I tip with a maggot (always buy mixed so have a choice of colour).

Paul22

So I'm tying myself some hair rigs to 0.11mm line (couldn't find pre tied hair rigs to that diameter line - only heavy stuff available) and thinking about what pellets/boilies I'm going to use for them. Thinking about using Sonubaits Oozing Pellets. Any favourite pellets or boilies for Bream or suggestions for other hookbait? Will be putting coppens through the feeder with the groundbait.
I quite like dynamite baits durable hookers they stay on really well hook easily and come in different sizes ........ bit more robust than expanders 🐟

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I quite like dynamite baits durable hookers they stay on really well hook easily and come in different sizes ........ bit more robust than expanders 🐟

They take on colour/flavour well too.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
How does this look?

1x Bag Sensas Bream and 1x Bag Sonubaits So Natural Bream to mix with some Bulking Groundbait
IMG_9101.JPG

2x Bags Sonubaits 4mm Bloodworm Feed Pellets to feed with Micro Coppens
IMG_9102.JPG

1x Bag Nashbaits 12mm Coconut Creme Boilies and 1x Tub of Sonubaits Oozing Spicy Sausage Pellets
IMG_9104.JPG

2 Pints of mixed maggots and one small tub of medium Dendrabena's
IMG_9103.JPG

Spot on?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Millers Thumb

Basically it's to catch the fish out, something a bit more unusual to get the fish's curiosity perked. The one thing I have tried and had success on is adding flouroscein to the pale brown amino ones.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I would probably still hair rig most of the hookers. I prefer hair rigs. At least I tell myself I do after spending hours on end trying to tie 14s to 0.11mm.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Got some 12s tied too - think I'll be using them. The 14s are ok with the 8mm pellets I think.