Bream Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean

Gi Guys and gals,
I am fishing for four or five hours on wednesday evening. My target species will be bream but there are some lovely tench at the venue as well.
As I have never really concentrated on bream before, I was woindering if anyone could offer me some advice as to which groundbait to use and wht would be a good hookbait. The venue is a local gtravel pit. The water is fairly dark and the lake itself is overgrown. The depths range from 3 feet to about 15 feet. I will probably use a cage feeder but would very much appreciate and help.

Regards

Sean

SEAN

Alnath

Personaly i would use sweetcorn for hook bait and for groundbait half white and half brown crumb but mixed using the juice from the sweetcorn. Nothing too fancy and nice and cheap icon_smile.gif

martin.

Account Locked
hi sean
I would take a selection of worm,caster,redmaggot&corn
for groundbait i would use either straight brown crumb or a mix of
bream 3000(or similar)& brown crumb .
if pos i would use monday & tuesday evening to prebait

tight lines.
martin.

sean

Thanks Guys,
I was thinkiung on the lines of corn and maybe some worms and casters. as for the suggested groundbait mixes I shall give them a try.

Ta Muchly

SEAN

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi sean,

I would use 75% brown crumb 25% supercup and a small sprinking of brasem. Mix this up and then add some crushed hemp and a few handfuls of squats if u can get them. The bream will hang about for ages looking for the squats as long as u don't spook them.

As for hook bait try worm and red maggot or corn. I also add a small amount of strawberry food flavoring but that depends on the temp of the water.

Anyway good luck and have a good day

tight line

Ray

martin.

Account Locked
hi
rays got it about right but instead of strawberry food flavouring
i would use liquid molasses the small branded bottles from tackle shops are about 2-99 i go to the animal food shop? warehouse & you can get a gallon container for about 8 as it is usedin horse feed
another thing that is good for bulking up g/bait for pre baiting is mollasine which is again used for horse feed

tight lines.
martin.

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

all the above should work,other possibles to try might be bread ,liquidised in the groundbait in a high food mix or as hookbait,hemp as an attractor and possibly slider float (coz i like looking at floats).

good luck
adam

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Sean,

If you're using worm on the hook especially barbless hooks, take some thin rubber bands with you.
When you have put the worm on, push a small piece of rubber band on the hook and thread it onto the bend, this will stop the worm coming off icon_smile.gif

Dave

paul mc

Hi sean ive found dried blood(or bloed meal) mixed with whizzo stench brown crumb, micro pellets and red pinkies works well for tench but it also seems to atract small perch as well so i normally use paste as hook bait

Regards Paul Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.